Senior Digital Marketing/Consumer Experience Leader
- Greater Chicago Area
Charlie Breit's Overview
- Director of Digital Marketing at Northwestern Mutual
- Senior Manager, Digital Marketing at Allstate
- Senior Marketing Manager at Kristof's Entertainment Center
- Independent Consultant at Digital Consulting
Charlie Breit's Summary
My passion is conceptualizing, enhancing and redefining digital experiences to surprise and delight consumers and re-imagine how businesses connect, engage and interact with their customers across web, social and mobile platforms. Success starts with your customer and building an experience for them that is easy to use, intuitive and provides value. Digital storytelling enhances traditional business models and provides an immense opportunity to attract and build a strong community and engagement around your product, service and company.
Leadership: Over 14 years experience working in digital marketing and over 6 years experience with direct reports. Led digital strategy at Fortune 500 companies: Allstate & Northwestern Mutual.
Online Experiences: Launched a new Allstate.com in 2013 to improve user experience and delivery of information across devices. Created AllstateTeenDriver.com and related content that improved teen engagement and won 2010 Media Vanguard Award for best overall experience on a website.
Mobile: Conceived and developed Allstate Digital Locker home inventory app and DigitalLocker.com, which received an A+ in Corporate Insight's P&C Monitor, and led development of m.allstate.com to improve consumer experience on mobile devices.
Interactive Tools: Led development of My Insurance Personality, What’s Your Stuff Worth?, Life's Unpredictable and Bumper to Bumper Basics to improve delivery of Allstate insurance content to consumers.
Optimization: Achieved an average lift of 67% in key online conversions over control across digital properties such as Allstate.com through leadership of multivariate testing program.
Branded Content: Produced and co-wrote "The Lines" web series as part of Allstate Teen Safe Driving program.
Writing Awards: Winner of 12th People’s Pilot and 3rd place in 12th Spec Scriptacular for original screenplay works.
Charlie Breit's Experience
Director of Digital Marketing
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Financial Services industry
February 2014 – Present (8 months) Milwaukee, WI
• Drive consumer engagement strategy to deliver value through digital platforms and reinforce CVP.
• Define brand story and messaging for digital and drive competitive advantage through digital innovation.
• Direct digital marketing strategy to improve experience and maximize engagement across channels.
• Develop digital capabilities to improve consumer experience across mobile, social & desktop platforms.
• Re-imagine social media experience to better deliver value and support deeper consumer relationships.
• Drive enhancements to online and mobile self-service capabilities to improve user experience for clients.
• Serve as consumer experience advocate supporting digital initiatives across organization.
• Support content marketing/branded content enhancements to better deliver value & drive lead gen.
• Guide SEO and hyper-local search strategy to increase organic traffic to corporate and field websites.
• Direct efforts to improve corporate and field digital presences and enhance platform capabilities.
• Grow insight and analytics capabilities to help guide decision making as related to digital programs.
• Guide GTLD exploration, strategy development and launch of branded GTLD.
• Member of Marketing Leadership team and lead Digital Marketing team with five direct reports.
Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ALL; Insurance industry
May 2007 – February 2014 (6 years 10 months) Northbrook, IL
• Directed and developed digital marketing strategy to improve consumer experience across channels.
• Guided digital platform redesign strategy to improve experience on mobile, tablet and desktop.
• Served as customer experience advocate supporting digital marketing initiatives across organization.
• Translated emerging trends into business opportunities and defined strategies for implementation.
• Analyzed insights, identified and delivered new capabilities to improve experience for digital channels.
• Partnered with teams across enterprise to gain support and alignment on digital marketing strategy.
• Led brand content publishing strategy for digital platforms such as Allstate.com and Miallstate.com.
• Directed segmentation and content targeting strategy to improve relevance and effectiveness of content.
• Led information architecture, digital design and usability research activities for digital platforms.
• Directed optimization strategy to improve online experiences and conversion for all digital channels.
• Guided user generated content strategy and online word-of-mouth initiatives including ratings & reviews.
• Led interactive tool strategy using video, animation and gaming to increase consumer engagement.
• Directed and developed vendor relationships and manage program/project budgets.
• Led Digital Optimization/Innovation team within Digital/eBusiness Marketing with five direct reports.
Senior Marketing Manager
Kristof's Entertainment Center
June 2006 – May 2007 (1 year) Round Lake Beach, IL
• Directed business-wide marketing strategy resulting in a 12-15% increase in monthly revenue.
• Created and managed advertising and promotions for web, email, print, radio and onsite.
• Managed corporate sponsorship strategy and program for onsite attractions and events.
• Developed reporting systems for increased market segmentation and targeting programs.
• Manage relationships with third party vendors including entertainment and media partners.
• Maintained company website including performing all updates and writing content.
• Lead a team of 5 employees in all areas of business including training, mentoring and development.
January 2006 – May 2007 (1 year 5 months) Round Lake Beach, IL
• Assisted clients with developing their corporate web and email marketing strategies.
• Performed marketing strategy analysis and created email marketing campaigns for AT&T retailer.
• Developed and wrote email and web content including messages and graphics.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MDLZ; Food Production industry
January 2005 – December 2005 (1 year) Northfield, IL
• Assisted with development of marketing strategy for promoting Kraft as an employer of choice.
• Directed configuration and implementation of web-based applicant tracking system for corporate HR.
• Created budget proposals, monitored expenditures, performed data analysis and reported metrics.
Web Project Manager
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
August 2000 – December 2004 (4 years 5 months) Glenview, IL
• Directed web, email and e-commerce marketing strategy for clients.
• Led web development for clients including launching CMS and e-commerce platform.
• Guided personalization efforts to deliver and target digital content to unique audiences.
• Identified, researched and launched new products and technologies to improve client websites.
• Developed content, performed site updates, conducted data analysis for client websites.
• Provided support and consulted clients by assessing web needs and determining project solutions.
• Guided corporate e-commerce marketing strategy and development of e-product portfolio offering.
• Managed relationships with third party vendors and project budgets on behalf of clients.
Charlie Breit's Skills & Expertise
- New Media
- Social Networking
- Online Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media
- Executive Producer
- Internet Marketing
- Branded Content
- Web Series Development
- Online Service Strategy
- Email Marketing
- Multivariate Testing
- Web Series Writing
- Relationship Building
- Business Development
- Competitive Analysis
- eCommerce Development
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Online Advertising
- Web Series
- Web Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Media
- Mobile Devices
- Web Content Management
- Web Analytics
- Content Management
- Interactive Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Integrated Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Web Project Management
- Interactive Advertising
- Strategic Partnerships
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Direct Marketing
- Web Content
Charlie Breit's Education
Charlie Breit's Additional Information
Branded entertainment, digital media, online video, social media, social video, writing, executive producer
- Groups and Associations:
- Honors and Awards:
1st Place - 12th People's Pilot (2007) - The Chronicles TV show concept
3rd Place - 12th Spec Scriptacular MOW/Pilot/Special Category (2008) - The Chronicles: Origins TV pilot script
Finalist - 19th People's Pilot (2010) - Parallels: Last Recruit TV pilot script
Contact Charlie for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch