CEO, Swrve, Inc.
|Recommendations||13 people have recommended Christopher S.|
Join LinkedIn & access Christopher S.'s full profile
A C-level startup executive specializing in disruptive companies in the Mobile, SAAS and IP communications markets. Managed through rapid organizational and revenue growth environments ($0-$500M in revenue). Led revenue, business and corporate development, strategy and marketing organizations. Focused on identifying the right product and market fit, refining monetization models and scaling distribution while building repeatable processes which drive revenue growth.
We are the world's leader in mobile marketing automation. Swrve's platform delivers everything product and monetization managers need to ensure their mobile apps succeed where it counts - by building long-lasting, profitable relationships with their users and driving the bottom line as a result. Swrve's functionality includes A/B testing, push notifications, and in-app campaigns, auto optimization - all built on the world's leading mobile analytics package. Swrve is trusted by some of the world's largest and most successful mobile app businesses.
We handle 3 billion events a day for 500M devices and 100M Monthly active users in real-time.
Twin Prime’s cloud based mobile acceleration service can increase download speeds by up to 500% and reduce latency by up to 70%. Research from Google, Amazon, facebook and others have proven that faster page load times and better mobile user experiences increase user engagement, conversions and sales.
Advising Appington on GTM activities.
Go to market strategy
• Urban Airship (UA) is the leader in the emerging Mobile Relationship Management markets. UA’s solutions enable brands to build relationships with their constantly connected customers through mobile marketing solutions that streamline delivering highly targeted cross-platform mobile messages.
• Enterprise Sales Lead: Led Urban Airship's enterprise sales and business development team in the mobile marketing SAAS markets. Consistently met or exceeded revenue targets. Achieved revenue growth targets in 2012 of 400%+ and on target to continue trajectory in 2013 of 180%+.
• Grew the sales organization from 16 to 47 and enterprise customers from 50 to 250 (avg. ARR $65K) and small business customers to 400+ (avg. ARR $8K).
• Expanded internationally into EMEA and APAC, established consistent sales operations and restructured go-to-market sales strategy and sales organization multiple times to accommodate growth. Drove AMER & EMEA sales build out of field, inside, SMB, strategic account management and agency teams.
• Business Development Lead: Most senior business development executive at Skype. All BD, company-wide reported solid line or dotted line across central BD, regions (Americas, APAC, EMEA) and business units (consumer, enterprise, mobile, platform). Created business development and alliance strategy including a focus on social networks and mobile. With teams, lead, closed, or expanded a) multiple deals with facebook, b) multiple pre-load deals with all leading PC OEMs, c) key mobile operators including Verizon, d) key mobile OEM handset providers, e) advertising partners, including Google, f) MSO partners, including Comcast and many others. Managed ecosystem relationships including Microsoft, Apple and many others.
• Corporate Development Lead: Established the corporate development function at Skype. Worked closely with CEO staff, business units and strategy team to create the corporate development process and to identify key capacity, competency and technology gaps faced by Skype. Key member of team that drafted the Skype’s S-1. Key member of team involved in due diligence of Skype by Silver Lake Partners during spin out and sale for $2.75B. Closed Qik acquisition in 01/11 for $150M in cash in 10 weeks.
• Global Business Development Lead.
• Strategy Lead: Established strategy team and process. Built strategy team from one director to two teams. Balanced corporate (annual planning and ad hoc) and business unit (consumer, enterprise, mobile, platform) strategy projects. Key topics included: service delivery platform priorities, regional prioritization, emerging markets strategy in the BRIC countries, platform strategy justification and emerging business model opportunities leveraging Skype’s “freemium” pricing.
• Innovation Lead: Created and led SkypeWorks, Skype’s skunkworks innovation lab. Established innovation model within Skype focused on augmenting Skype’s core business by developing projects outside of Skype’s standard product and engineering organization. First project: built the web plug-in used to power facebook’s video calling app with Skype.
• Lead Business and Corporate Development.
• Leading provider of enterprise security and compliance solutions for “Greynets”, spyware, instant messaging, P2P and VoIP (Skype) networks.
• Business & Corporate Development Lead: Completed and managed all major business development and strategic alliance initiatives with: IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Reuters, AOL, MSN, Yahoo!, Oracle, EMC, Veritas, Symantec, Skype and others. Deals drove revenue growth from a $4M to $20M annual run-rate. Acquired 50-person Bangalore-based development and QA organization. Acquired Anti-spyware vendor XBlock.
• Reseller Channel Lead: Defined and launched reseller program recruiting 30+ resellers which accounted for 60%+ of all revenue.
• Corporate Marketing Lead: Led all corporate marketing, product marketing and strategy initiatives, with CEO staff at various times.
Board of Directors, Audit Committee, Chairmain of the Compensation Committee. Analytical Surveys Inc. (ASI) provides technology-enabled solutions and expert services for geospatial data.
• Disruptive technology-focused start-up investment bank funded by Charles Schwab, T.D. Waterhouse, Ameritrade, Kleiner Perkins, Benchmark Capital and Reuters.
• Business Development Lead: Responsible for delivering strategic relationships necessary to produce and distribute Epoch’s sell-side research. Developed new institutional trading partners.
• A B2B internet service focused on small businesses selling smarter on the Internet with a media and e-commerce business model.
• Business & Corporate Development Lead: Managed a team of 20 in business, corporate development and partner marketing. Completed 40 strategic partnerships for services distribution and member acquisition which helped grow revenue to $7M in 2000 from $2.6M in 1999, 170% year-to-year and drove membership to 1.3M members, 90% of which were acquired through strategic relationships. Deals included: American Express, AOL, AT&T, Bank of America, Excite, Go Network, IBM, Lycos, LookSmart, Real Networks, and many others.
• A spin-out by Bill Gross from Knowledge Adventure of an early Internet virtual world (similar to Second Life) focused on the education, gaming, and community/chat markets.
• Marketing Lead: Led marketing, user acquisition and public relations. Helped drive users to 1.4 million in two virtual worlds and grow revenue from $1.5 million in 1996 to $6 million in 1997, 300% year-to-year growth.
• Business Development Lead: Content and technology licensing deals: Sony (Columbia Pictures), Starbright Foundation (Steven Spielberg), Internet Shopping Network, Visa and IBM.
• Technology-focused management consulting firm specializing in the development and implementation of product and market strategies using whole product analysis, market relations and “Crossing the Chasm” theory as principal tools. Projects included: IBM (multiple), Apple (multiple) and others.
• A Midwestern microbrewery distributed in a four-state region. Developed business concept and launched OLD DETROIT AMBER ALE. Grew revenue from $600K in YR1 to $1.5M in YR2, 150%+ year-to-year growth.
• Med-tech, biotech and material sciences-focused venture capital firm. Evaluated requests for venture capital financing ($50k to $10 million). Completed due diligence, helped to manage and turn around portfolio companies.
Not for profit arts - Board of Directors