SharePoint/Web Developer & Business Analyst
- Oakland, California (San Francisco Bay Area)
- Information Technology and Services
Caitlin Young's Overview
- Intranet Systems Lead at First Republic Bank
- Senior Systems Administrator at MDC Vacuum Products, LLC
- Software & Business Development Manager at COMANCO Environmental Corporation
- Freelance Web and Graphic Design at Freelance
- Integrated Marketing/Print Production Manager at FIMC
- Business Analyst/Project Manager at FIMC
- Media Assistant at University of South Florida - Campus Computing
- Administrative Assistant & Web Developer at Clean Water Network
- Graphic Artist at Natural Resources Defense Council
- Office Administrator and Webmaster at Southeast Clean Water Network
Caitlin Young's Summary
I want to work where the ingredients of technology and business combine to create powerful and effective solutions. I have a strong software and Internet development background but I most enjoy technology not for its own sake, but for how it can enable business collaboration and creativity. I enjoy working with people and consider myself an excellent communicator, especially in teaching and facilitation roles or helping make techy ideas accessible to the average person. I am extremely self-motivated and will run with an idea, but I also enjoy working in groups and I’m not afraid to raise my hand for help when I hit a stumbling block. I most enjoy working in co-operative environments where I’m able to contribute my own ideas and work with people from whom I can learn.
Caitlin Young's Experience
Intranet Systems Lead
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; FRC; Banking industry
June 2012 – Present (2 years 5 months) San Francisco Bay Area
I manage a small team that oversees the technology stack that forms our corporate intranet. I am responsible for all operational aspects (infrastructure, DR/BCP, end-user support, training, project requests) and a key stakeholder in strategic planning (new technologies, architecture, governance.) More broadly, I seek to help bank employees get the technology assistance they need, often serving as "IT translator" for business requests.
Senior Systems Administrator
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing industry
November 2010 – May 2012 (1 year 7 months) Hayward, CA
I supported all the user-facing applications, notably new installations of Dynamics AX and SharePoint 2010. I also administered our eCommerce website, which was build on a custom CMS framework. I acted as BA/PM/QA for the offshore team that was developing the CMS as well as integration points between the website and AX.
Software & Business Development Manager
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Environmental Services industry
June 2009 – December 2010 (1 year 7 months)
Strategic IT planning responsibilities, including analysis & implementation of best practices and business continuity plans.
Concept-to-production responsibility for in-house implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Online and transition to On-Premise.
Converted the customer satisfaction survey process to be web and email based and all communications are tracked within the CRM system, forming a database of customer experience. Customer engagement is at 60% up from 21%.
Created new brand look that matches across website, email marketing, PowerPoint templates, annual calendar and trade show materials.
Implemented SEO techniques. The first year of the new site saw a 23% increase in visits and 40% increase in time spent on site.
Implemented a company blog with post-via-email technology to which 20+ key employees actively contribute. Traffic to the blog alone consists of 20% of our annual website traffic, especially inbound from search results.
Production of the quarterly newsletter. Distribution via three channels, in two languages. Subscriptions are managed through CRM and MailChimp.
Design of annual calendar, the core corporate marketing piece that is distributed to over 3,000 business associates. Manage the upkeep and development of the distribution list to further strategic business development goals.
Integrated Marketing/Print Production Manager
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Financial Services industry
July 2005 – February 2009 (3 years 8 months)
Made an internal transition to Print Production Manager in April 2008 and grew the position to an expanded multi-faceted role.
Maintained and expanded the company’s relationship with an external on-demand print vendor, including on-site press checks and security audits.
Facilitated business requirements gathering for the development of an enterprise content management system that incorporated print and online material. Wrote the formal business and technical requirements documents for the system, which was being developed externally.
Designed and developed a custom ordering system using MS SharePoint and InfoPath Services that allowed the company to move to a new fulfillment vendor 6 months earlier than scheduled, initiating a projected $150k per annum saving.
Technical development and maintenance for several corporate websites and email marketing projects.
Business Analyst/Project Manager
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Financial Services industry
2006 – 2008 (2 years)
Promoted to business analyst in October 2006. Project manager in September 2007.
In these roles I capitalized on my dynamic communication style and honed interpersonal skills to specialize in projects that require extensive coordination between the lines of business and I.T.
Responsibilities include managing multiple high-priority projects at once with an emphasis on timely delivery, constant teamwork and communication, as well as maintaining detailed written records of all project activities.
Was a key leader in the revision of the company’s enterprise project management methodology, including analysis and standardization of documents.
• R&D, architecture, installation and development of new enterprise deployments of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS) and MS Project 2007 (MOPS) including tasks such as: security management, search configuration, InfoPath and Excel Services, designating trusted locations, backup and restore and other Central Administration tasks.
• Conducted business analysis on existing systems and then migrated relevant content from SPS 2003 to MOSS and from Project Server 2003 to 2007. With both systems I developed extensive customization, including:
o Out-of-box, SharePoint Designer and 3rd Party workflows
o Web and InfoPath forms, including interoperability between InfoPath and other data sources
o Master pages, Libraries, Audience Controls, Business data catalog
• For 18 months I conducted intensive requirements elicitation and analysis for an enterprise software overhaul project that involved the integration and implementation of MS CRM 3.0, MOSS 2007, GP 10 and other existing sources of business data.
• Developed test plans, use cases, managed user testing, participated in unit testing. Familiar with TestDirector software.
Administrative Assistant & Web Developer
Nonprofit; 1-10 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
1998 – 2005 (7 years)
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Environmental Services industry
2004 – 2004 (less than a year)
Caitlin Young's Skills & Expertise
- Business Requirements
- Business Analysis
- Requirements Gathering
- MS Project
- Business Intelligence
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
Caitlin Young's Education
Caitlin Young's Additional Information
Contact Caitlin for:
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch