Business Developer in Life Sciences
- Medical Devices
Bruno Rakotozafy's Overview
- Business Developer at Alsace BioValley
- ESSEC Business School
- Institute of Biotechnolgy (ENSTBB)
Bruno Rakotozafy's Summary
Engineer + Business Professional
My ambition is to work in close collaboration with steadily growing companies and help them developing business from a marketing and sales aspect.
Willing to be a change-maker I hope one day to share my experience in emerging markets.
Bruno Rakotozafy's Experience
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Biotechnology industry
June 2014 – Present (4 months) France
Partner and Business Developer
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Fund-Raising industry
January 2013 – January 2014 (1 year 1 month) Montreal
Seeding Factory is a Canadian-based consulting agency specialized in crowdfunding.
We help and educate doers, entrepreneurs, artists or organizations to build and manage successful campaigns.
* Creation and business development of the agency.
* Promotion of crowdfunding in Canada.
* Prospection and negotiation with entrepreneurs and project owners.
* Prepare and kickstart crowdfunding campaigns for raising money.
* Helped raised more than 1 million dollars for 6 clients.
* Created an event series to promote crowdfunding > 200+ attendees
* Trained 100+ people during hands-on workshops sessions
* Obtained 20 articles in national and international press
Marketing and Communication Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Nanotechnology industry
January 2012 – January 2013 (1 year 1 month) Montreal, Canada Area
Soquelec Ltd provide the Canadian research community with the most advanced scientific equipment for 40 years.
* Marketing relations with suppliers
* Responsible for web presence (website, social networks)
* Represent the company at shows & congresses
* Reinforce relationship with clients in support to sales team
* Redesigned of main website.
* Created monthly emailing campaigns.
* Organized an International User Meeting. 3 days, 30 KOL
* Participated to 3 scientific congresses
Junior Strategic Marketer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; GE; Hospital & Health Care industry
May 2011 – November 2011 (7 months) Paris Area, France
GE HEALTHCARE is a global leading company providing transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. It’s part of the General Electric conglomerate.
* Developed Marketing Strategy at a cross modality level (One GE healthcare)
* Web manager for French website
* Opportunity assessment for the European Business Intelligence unit
* Conducted Market Analysis (Radiology France, Private hospitals & clinics Overview, Home care in UK)
* Designed and Implemented a common marketing/sales Efficiency Dashboard for 10 business units.
* Delivered Market Opportunity Assessments (Home Health equipment in France, Alzheimer market)
* Co-organized an Account Manager Training, 3 days, 80 people.
* Launched a Web Communication ampaign
* Developed the French GE Healthcare website, +15% y-o-y web traffic
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Research industry
August 2009 – February 2010 (7 months) Paris
EUROQUALITY activity is today to promote the technological and methodological innovation within the companies.
* Set up and managed large scale European innovative projects
* Consulted European experts
* Searched for fundings
* Co-ordinated 3 European scientific consortiums (total of 30 partners from 10 countries).
* Established 3budget plans (around €1.5 million by project).
* Drafted 3 application forms for European fundings.
* Co-Wrote 2 Consortium Agreements (Intellectual property rules, Legal aspects & Financial terms).
June 2008 – June 2009 (1 year 1 month) Bordeaux
BIOTECH'ETUDES is the Junior Company of the Institute of Biotechnology (ENSTBB).
* Recovered and directed the Junior Company, 15 people.
* Represented Biotech'Etudes at CNJE events.
* Legal representative.
* Developed and implemented a prospective process training.
* Designed a Quality Management system.
* Developed unofficial partnership with other Junior Companies.
* Doubled the annual turnover (€8000)
* Mission example: GSK Bio, Optimization of a large-scale bio-reactor sterilization process.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Biotechnology industry
June 2008 – August 2008 (3 months) Paris Area, France
VOISIN CONSULTING is a consulting firm expert in Innovative Product Development and Regulatory Strategy.
2 month internship within the Phamacovigilance Unit.
* Supported the Pharmacovigilance Consultant in her daily work.
* Performed updates of internal tools.
* Reported Adverse Events via Eudravigilance on a daily basis (EMEA, AFFSSAPS).
* Done Regulatory Surveillance and feed internal newsletter (FDA, EMEA).
* Prepared and participated to an IT supplier audit.
* Drafted 3 internal Quality Management documents (SOPs).
Bruno Rakotozafy's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Bruno Rakotozafy's Honors and Awards
Judge of Global Mobile Awards 2014GSMA
- February 2014
Selected to be official judge for the Global Mobile Awards 2014 (category Mobile Healthcare) in Barcelona, with a dozen of other international professionals thanks to my initiative www.mHealthAfrica.com
Bruno Rakotozafy's Skills & Expertise
- Marketing Strategy
- Business Development
- Business Analysis
- Market Analysis
- Market Research
- Business Strategy
- Competitive Analysis
- Project Management
- Competitive Intelligence
- Public funding
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Product Management
- Product Marketing
Bruno Rakotozafy's Education
Advanced Master, International business
2010 – 2011
4 months in Paris, 4 months in Singapore
* Strategic analysis, Corporate Finance, Firm Valuation, M&A, Entrepreneurship.
* Ranked #5 worldwide in the “Master of Management” category by the Financial Time, 2009
Activities and Societies: NET IMPACT ESSEC (2010-2011) - Public relations representative
Institute of Biotechnolgy (ENSTBB)
Masters Degree/Engineer, Biotechnology
2007 – 2010
* Specialisation in Pharmaceutical processes, Genetic engineering & Bioproduction.
* Options: Quality management, Pharmaceutical surveillance, Bio-statistics.
Activities and Societies: "Biotech'Etudes" (2008-2009) - President, "4L Dorado" association (2008) - Co-founder and treasurer
Bruno Rakotozafy's Additional Information
Contact Bruno for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Bruno Rakotozafy’s full profile to...
- See who you and Bruno Rakotozafy know in common
- Get introduced to Bruno Rakotozafy
- Contact Bruno Rakotozafy directly