Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker
Generational Marketing Authority ♦ Author ♦ Professional Speaker ♦ Workshop Presenter ♦ Creative Director
- Denver, Colorado (Greater Denver Area)
- Marketing and Advertising
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Overview
- Senior Executive Media Training Expert, Public Speaking Coach and Principal and Co-Founder at ManageMedia.com
- Boomer Marketing Expert, Author, International Speaker, Creative Strategist, Copywriter at Brent Green & Associates, Inc.
- National Advertising & Sales Promotion Manager at Total Petroleum
- Advertising & Public Relations Director at The Broadmoor Hotel
- Agency Account Supervisor at Gabel Advertising Inc.
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Summary
♦ Boomer generation marketing + advertising zealot
♦ Author, "Marketing to Leading-Edge Baby Boomers"
♦ Author, "Generation Reinvention"
♦ Award-winning creative director + copywriter
♦ Keynote speaker + workshop leader
♦ Trainer in leadership, public speaking + media interviews
♦ Writer for "Huffington Post," CNBC and countless others
My favorite past-time is editing my LinkedIn profile. When I'm not joining a group or linking with someone from Romania whom I'll never meet, I dabble as a marketing strategist, creative director, social commentator, copywriter, author, speaker, media trainer, and over-caffeinated consultant.
Sometimes reporters believe what's written here and call for clever commentary. This includes biggies such as "The Wall Street Journal," "Business Week," "Forbes," "The New York Times," and "GiftBeat"(!!).
I host an edgy radio show called "Generation Reinvention: How Boomers Are Changing the Future." http://fmgradio.com and http://wgrnradio.com.
Brent Green & Associates, Inc., a company humbly named after me, has been around longer than LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook combined. We celebrated 28 years in 2014.
Tenure has its privileges, including 50+ eye-catching awards for advertising and direct marketing. Lacking better alternatives, RMDMA bestowed me with its "Direct Marketer of the Year Award." The DMA mailed me a Gold ECHO, which wasn't gold but a handsome plastic pyramid.
Knowing we're not getting younger, we like to focus on health & fitness, travel & tourism, and natural/organic products. A few clients have included:
♦ British Tourism
♦ Orange Glo (OxiClean)
♦ Bayard Presse (Europe)
♦ MWG Congres (Holland)
♦ National Ski Areas Association
Eager to stick my nose into others' business, I've been a board member and chairman of the Colorado Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau and programming VP for the Business Marketing Association and the Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association (RMDMA).
Generational and creative marketing strategies, keynote speaking, workshops for speakers, branding, copywriting, advertising, campaign planning + execution, event and project management, media relations, direct marketing, sales promotions, digital photography
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Experience
Senior Executive Media Training Expert, Public Speaking Coach and Principal and Co-Founder
March 2001 – Present (13 years 7 months)
● Senior executive level training in media relations and media interview management
● Executive training in public speaking and business presentations, including integration of high-end PowerPoint presentations into public speaking events
● Media crisis strategic consulting and executive training to address hostile and difficult media situations
Boomer Marketing Expert, Author, International Speaker, Creative Strategist, Copywriter
Public Company; 1-10 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
March 1986 – Present (28 years 7 months)
● Full service marketing communication and creative services consulting company, with focus on marketing to the Baby Boomer generation
● Nationally respected marketing experience and expertise in health & fitness, travel & tourism, real estate, circulation marketing, and direct response marketing
● Author of "Marketing to Leading-Edge Baby Boomers" and "Generation Reinvention," providing strategic consulting, brand development, and creative strategies for companies targeting the Boomer generation
● Internationally acclaimed keynote speaker about marketing to Baby Boomers, and business workshop presenter, including executive training focused on media relations management and public speaking
National Advertising & Sales Promotion Manager
May 1994 – April 1996 (2 years)
● Managed advertising and sales promotions for Total Petroleum, a $2.3 billion petroleum and convenience store marketing company owned by TOTAL, France, operating 525 retail stores in eleven states
● Developed integrated marketing communication campaigns, self-liquidating premium promotions, sports marketing promotions, and marketing public relations campaigns
● Conducted multi-state advertising agency review; managed $15 million advertising budget, agency team, direct marketing company, and ten staff.
Advertising & Public Relations Director
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Hospitality industry
October 1982 – March 1986 (3 years 6 months)
● Managed a full-service, in-house advertising agency with five million dollars in gross annual billings; provided all agency services including advertising creative, sales promotions, direct marketing, restaurant marketing, attractions marketing, publicity for hotel events, and community relations
● Responsibilities included marketing plans, creative direction and production for all media, media planning, copywriting, public relations, promotions, and direct marketing
● Organized and managed numerous international events and promotions, including the World Seniors Golf Tournament, an HBO television special featuring Olympic figure skaters, Sports Festival 5, and hotel visitations by celebrities such as President Ronald Reagan
● Won numerous creative awards for hotel, retail attractions and partner advertising
● Led and supervised ten professional staff members
Agency Account Supervisor
Gabel Advertising Inc.
January 1981 – December 1982 (2 years)
● Managed McDonald's advertising cooperative for this AAAA agency, representing 16 restaurants in Southern Colorado; acted as lead account liaison between agency, franchisees and McDonald’s Corporation
● Responsibilities included developing local marketing public relations programs; implementing national sales promotions; writing annual marketing plans; overseeing agency production for all media; and managing media planning
● Developed original fundraising initiative for the Ronald McDonald House, which led to broadcasting of the first 3-D movie on TV via the NBC affiliate (3-D glasses retailed at McD; proceeds to RM House); raised in excess of $50,000; facilitated publicity campaign to include extensive coverage in newspapers and through broadcast media; received first-place award for publicity campaign from Pikes Peak Advertising Federation, as well as national recognition from McDonald's Corporation
● Created innovative breakfast entree for local test marketing, which resulted in an unprecedented new-product testing financial investment in local media and sales promotions from McDonald's Corporation
● Developed new business opportunities for agency, including a high-technology manufacturer focusing on advanced racing engine performance testing, a direct mail marketer of limited edition art, and an advertising cooperative of 15 automobile dealers
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Economic Empowerment
- Science and Technology
- Business transformations due to population aging
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Certifications
Introduction to Communication Science
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Organizations
Biennial of the Americas 2015Community Outreach Advisory Committee
- May 2014 to Present
Biennial of the Americas 2013Community Outreach Advisory Committee
- January 2013 to July 2013
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Projects
Create Our Future Together Conference
- September 2014 to Present
Engaged as keynote speaker for the 2nd annual conference involving marketing and nonprofit professionals in Boulder, Colorado, and surrounding communities. My focus will be on the transformative economic and nonprofit opportunities connected with Baby Boomers and population aging.
- August 2014 to Present
Serving on Panel of Experts for DaVinci Institute's State of the Future Forum
- May 2014 to Present
Developing a comprehensive segmentation and marketing communication plan to launch a new online service called Reflections.
- March 2014 to August 2014
The Society of Certified Senior Advisors hosts an annual national conference designed to provide current information relevant to professionals working in the senior market on the health, financial, social, and legal issues. I will be the plenary session speaker.
- February 2014 to Present
Engaged as luncheon keynote speaker to discuss Baby Boomers and the Future of Financial Services and Retirement; speaking to 400 Canadian professionals in the fields of pensions, benefits, financial advising, and investments.
- February 2014 to Present
Designed and facilitated workshop for AWWA incoming board members entitled Public Communications for Leaders: Engaging Water Industry Audiences; a comprehensive 4-hour immersion into effective public speaking skills with individual feedback for each participant; 2014 is the 12th consecutive year for this workshop.
Denver Art Museum: The Future of Art Museums
- November 2013 to Present
Conducting a generational marketing workshop for professional staff and docents of the Denver Art Museum, the state's leading fine arts institution.
Colorado Association of Senior Centers
- June 2013 to August 2013
Keynote speaker and workshop breakout facilitator, addressing senior center leadership and parks & recreation professionals in the State of Colorado.
20th Anniversary Meiringen Conference, Villars, Switzerland
- March 2013 to April 2013
Keynote speaker and workshop facilitator addressing CEOs of university alumni associations on behalf of AHI Travel, one of the nation's leading educational travel companies producing high-end international travel experiences for university alumni associations.
- February 2013 to Present
Designed and facilitated workshop for AWWA incoming board members entitled Public Communications for Leaders: Engaging Water Industry Audiences
- August 2012 to Present
Finished writing WARRIOR, a biographical novel about an exercise physiologist, sports psychologist, fitness pioneer and daredevil who risked everything to survive five bouts of cancer spanning 57 years. This uplifting book invites new thinking about aging and transformation.
- June 2012 to Present
Designed and facilitated two half-day workshops entitled "Public Communications for Department of State Leaders," involving senior staff members for the SOS department.
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Skills & Expertise
- Marketing Strategies & Campaigns
- Corporate Communications
- Creative Team Leadership
- Product Positioning & Branding
- Web & Print Content Development
- Direct Marketing Strategies & Execution
- Media Relations & Publicity
- Copywriting for All Media
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogs
- High-End Multimedia Sales Presentations
- Digital Photography
- Development of Training Materials
- Sales Collateral & Support
- Public Relations
- New Product Launches
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Photoshop
- Public Speaking
- Corporate Training
- Event Management
- Creative Strategy
- Professional Speaker
- Board Development
- Workshop Facilitation
- Media Relations
- Media Interview Training
- Presentation Development
- Persuasive Presentations
- Workshop Development
- Video Editing
- Direct Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Customer Insight
- Motivational Speaking
- Customer Engagement
- Creative Direction
- Content Development
- Integrated Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Brand Development
- Marketing Communications
- Creative Writing
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Publications
- April 11, 2014
Perhaps a teacher cared enough about you to sound an alarm. Or a caring friend. Or maybe a medical professional urged you to drop a bad habit and live healthier. And then you changed.
For Brent Green that life-change agent was Mark Crooks, a doctoral student in exercise physiology. After just one run with him through a city park, Brent cast off a seven-year cigarette habit and reoriented his thinking to wellness.
In honor of Mark—who succumbed to cancer in 2010 after battling for fifty-seven years with five occurrences—Brent wrote Warrior. This inspiring biographical novel celebrates a wellness mindset and shares life lessons bestowed by his friend.
Warrior gives readers a survivor’s guide to a more resilient future, especially those battling chronic diseases and aging. Within the pages of this biographical novel are lessons for anyone who is growing old and wants to fight back. Lastly, Warrior presents an uplifting testimonial to the benefits of hospice care at the end of life.
Authors: Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker, Editors: Kevin Lavery, Reg Starkey
- Involve Millennium
- October 15, 2011
Contributed a chapter to this compendium of stories compiled by Millennium, the UK's leading specialist advertising and marketing agency for the 50+ market. "Chaucer Redux for the marketing crowd. Tales for the ages about the largest age cohort ever -- the Baby Boomers, a group of entertaining and accessible insights into what makes the Boomers tick, what ticks them off, and the marketing techniques and tactics that will reach them. A must-read for mature marketers." (Laurel Kennedy, founding president, International Mature Marketing Network)
- September 21, 2010
Mainstream business has been slow to react to dramatic population aging--maybe even in denial. All but a handful of enlightened companies remain fixated on the gold standard of demographic marketing targets: adults 18 to 49.
This is bound to change with Baby Boomers starting to turn 65 beginning January 1, 2011. As the generation that popularized the 18-to-49 demographic in youth begins to reach this landmark age, about 8,000 Boomers will turn 65 daily for the next 19 years. The bellwether birth anniversary signifies eligibility for Medicare benefits, as well as tidal changes in the nation's demographic composition.
What are the implications? Is Boomer aging a problem or opportunity? What can businesses and nonprofits do to take advantage of this historically unprecedented change in the nation's balance of old to young?
Experts in demography and sociology commonly agree that Boomers have shaped every life stage they've occupied. With nearly 85% now over age 50--and millions suddenly heading to 65 and beyond--Boomers are again shaping business practices and institutions.
This book gives readers astute glimpses into what it actually means to be part of this generation. Readers also discover how their generational values are similar to and different from Boomers, thus opening the door to better intergenerational understanding and communications.
Through a more intuitive perspective, readers can then discover how to improve marketing communications, product and service development, nonprofit value, and public policies. Accurately forecasting the Boomer future has significant monetary implications for many industries, including, and especially, healthcare, education, financial services, housing, travel, and consumer retailing.
A special section of the book examines marketing to Baby Boomer men, including historical, technological and cultural touchstones; underdeveloped opportunities to combine gender and generational nuances in marketing.
- March 29, 2010
Noble Chaos is the first historical novel capturing the turbulent sixties and Vietnam War era within the revolutionary setting of a Midwestern university.
- Paramount Market Publishing
- March 10, 2006
Somewhere between Woodstock Nation and Over-the-Hill, the most sought after market in America became passé. Americans born during the post-World War II baby boom have not been attracting their share of marketing investments.
Yet, this influential segment has $750 billion in annual spending power and today controls a significant share of the nation’s assets. An unprecedented population shift promises to transport more than 30 percent of Americans to over-50 status by 2010.
The generation’s frontrunners are Leading-edge Baby Boomers, founders of modern youth culture and then yuppie materialism. They have never been shy about applauding brands when products meet their astute expectations. The generation is evolving once again to become the most lucrative marketing opportunity in years.
Leading-edge Boomers will shatter traditional assumptions about the retiring stage of life. Few will tolerate stereotypes or ageism. Many will refuse to retire. Virtually all will invest in products, services and companies that speak to deeper values.
This expanded edition presents new chapters that will teach you:
• Critical “bipolar metavalues” that influence Boomer buying decisions
• How to select the right advertising media to achieve your marketing goals
• Why mature audiences receive advertising messages differently
• The emergence of LOHAS: a new lifestyle segment that’s changing everything
• How to create advertising that transforms your brand into a Boomer favorite
• How to plan and organize “bandwagon” Boomer events and promotions
• The exceptional opportunities for reaching Boomers through Internet marketing
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Education
2014 – 2014
Grade: Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction
Online course from Coursera, taught by Professor Rutger de Graaf, exploring introductory communication science -- a good update for my BA degree in the subject area.
2013 – 2013
Grade: Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction
Online course from Coursera, taught by Professor Scott Plous, exploring introductory social psychology.
Film Production and Scriptwriting
2006 – 2007
Activities and Societies: Selected courses in film production and movie script writing; completed full-length movie script entitled "Noble Chaos"
1997 – 1998
Selected master's level courses in marketing communications to augment my 39 hours of graduate education in psychology and communications
Dale Carnegie Institute
Public Speaking and Human Relations
1990 – 1993
Received training in public speaking and effective human relations management. I acted as a graduate assistant for three subsequent Carnegie courses.
BA, Psychology, Speech Communications & Human Relations, Philosophy
1967 – 1974
Completed 39 graduate hours in counseling psychology at KU, with 30 hours required for a Master of Arts degree. I then began my career in rehabilitation psychology for the State of Kansas before changing careers several years later to marketing and advertising.
Activities and Societies: Chairman, Student Advisory Committee, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Instructor, self-designed course in the Department of Psychology: Topics & Problems on Humanistic and Existential Psychology
Topeka West High School
Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker's Additional Information
Generational marketing, keynote speaking, workshop development, business writing, creative writing, copywriting, digital photography, screenplay writing, digital videography, travel photography, gourmet cooking, blogging, fitness, camping, attending classic rock concerts, video editing, graphic design
- Groups and Associations:
♦ Colorado Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau ♦ Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association ♦ American Society on Aging ♦ Cherry Creek Toastmasters ♦ Sustainable Business Group ♦ International Mature Market Network, Board Member ♦ GRAND Magazine, Advisory Board ♦ SILVER, 50+ Marketing in APAC, Company Advisor ♦ The Society, Leading Mature Marketing Professional Network
- Honors and Awards:
Over 50 regional, national and international awards for strategic and creative excellence, including:
♦ Coursera/Wesleyan University Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction
♦ Direct Marketer of the Year, Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association
♦ Direct Marketing Association, International Gold Echo Award
♦ Pikes Peak Advertising Federation, Best of Show, business-to-business direct mail
♦ Business Marketing Association, Gold Key and Best of Class Awards
♦ Target Marketing magazine, Best of Direct Marketing
Contact Brent for:
- consulting offers
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker’s full profile to...
- See who you and Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker know in common
- Get introduced to Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker
- Contact Brent Green | Generational Marketing | Speaker directly