Senior Level Branding, Innovation, Marketing,& Social Media Strategist, Speaker, and Author
- Kansas City, Missouri Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Mike Brown's Overview
- Founder at The Brainzooming Group
Mike Brown's Summary
• Seasoned branding and marketing strategist with over 15 years of experience developing and communicating highly successful, award-winning branding and marketing campaigns that drive companies’ profitability and vision.
• Nationally recognized author and public speaker known for innovative speeches, presentations, and coaching sessions that impact productivity, revenue, and brand awareness.
• Known for leading large, cross-functional teams through market research, opportunity identification, segmentation, and marketing processes.
• Facilitating strategic thinking, innovation & planning sessions
• Strategic market planning
• Social media strategy
• Sponsorship marketing
• Speaking, writing, and educating on strategic thinking, branding, leadership, and guerrilla marketing
Mike Brown's Experience
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Management Consulting industry
October 2005 – Present (9 years) Kansas City, Missouri Area
Facilitation and training for sessions on strategic thinking, innovation, branding, social media & marketing. Clients include businesses, associations, marketing agencies, & universities. See my daily Brainzooming strategic thinking & innovation blog on LinkedIn.
Selected Speeches & Clients:
• Brainzooming - Creating a Strategic Perspective: CMO Summit, Market Research Event, Business Mktg Association, Frost & Sullivan.
• Taking the NO Out of InNOvation: Intl Assoc. of Business Communicators.
• Lessons in Branding & Change: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Public Relations Society of America.
• Building an Internal Brand Team: American Mktg Association, American Strategic Management Institute.
Selected attendee comments:
“Thanks for the enlightening presentation...definitely going to steal some of your ideas.”
“Learned something new from each section in your presentation.”
“Terrific...Your experience & wisdom is obvious. Would love to sit through this again.”
VP - Market Strategy & Marketing Communications
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; YRCW; Transportation/Trucking/Railroad industry
December 1990 – November 2009 (19 years)
YRC Worldwide provides regional, national, and international transportation services for the movement of goods.
Oversee strategic market planning development and communications for Fortune 500 corp. Drive brand development, tracking, and satisfaction research efforts. Design and align marketing tactics. Manage budgets and ROI on marketing investment. Effectively communicate marketing plan to audiences of up to 2000 people. Direct multiple advertising agency partners. Conduct M&A analyses to evaluate potential acquisitions.
• Propelled marketing direction as company tripled in size.
• Orchestrate 50 strategic planning sessions annually.
• Spearheaded strategic NASCAR sponsorship, generating dramatically higher loyalty and revenue among customers.
• Produced business conferences for employee and customer audiences. Presenters included Tom Peters & Jim Collins.
• Condensed marketing business plan development timeline from 3 weeks to 1 day.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Transportation/Trucking/Railroad industry
June 2003 – May 2004 (1 year)
Mike Brown's Skills & Expertise
- Guerrilla Marketing
- Market Research
- Social Media
- Market Planning
- Strategic Thinking
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing ROI
- Marketing Communications
- Integrated Marketing
- Creative Problem Solving
- B2B Marketing
- Digital Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Development
- Customer Experience
- Strategic Partnerships
- Social Marketing
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing Research
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Development
- Corporate Branding
- Business Development
- Online Marketing
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Thought Leadership
- Lead Generation
- Mobile Marketing
- Brand Awareness
- Business Strategy
- Customer Insight
- Competitive Analysis
- Product Development
- Interactive Marketing
- Team Building
- Marketing Management
- Market Analysis
- Email Marketing
- Brand Management
- Relationship Marketing