Marketing Director, Advanstar Inc.
- Greater Los Angeles Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Boris Chernin's Overview
- Marketing Director at Advanstar Communications
- Digital Marketing Specialist at MTV Networks Spike Digital Entertainment
- Consumer Product Manager at DMX, Inc
- Director of Marketing & Business Development at MyKideo Online Viewing Services
- University of California, Irvine - The Paul Merage School of Business
- University of California, Santa Cruz
2 people have recommended Boris
Boris Chernin's Summary
I'm a digital marketer specializing in online content, with a professional focus on identifying and exploiting areas of growth across all platforms to reach audiences through multiple touch-points.
Most recently, I have been working to build and expand the reach and engagement of the the brands in the Advanstar Automotive protfolio. Previously, I have worked with respected international brands in entertainment and technology, including consulting on product launches for Microsoft and creating integrated marketing campaigns with MTV Networks targeting the coveted male/18-34 demographic. I've also managed licensing programs for retail music giant DMX, and created one of the most extensive and comprehensive independent musical databases anywhere.
An entrepreneur at heart, I began my career having created MyKideo, a revolutionary online streaming video service for working parents to stay connected with their young children when in day care.
Being an internet junkie, I'm always on the lookout for the newest and coolest examples of digital creativity and ingenuity.
digital media, content management, social media, social marketing, product management, integrated marketing
Boris Chernin's Experience
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Publishing industry
2010 – Present (3 years) Santa Monica, CA
▪ Manage and shepherd multiple digital and print brands, ;
▪ Develop and execute detailed online, print and trade show marketing plans;
▪ Create and execute various market research initiatives, with P&L responsibility
▪ Design and copy-write all media kits and other marketing materials & colalteral;
▪ Manage a global, multi-functional team comprised of both of in-house and outsourced members.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Entertainment industry
2008 – 2009 (1 year)
▪ Developed unique and dynamic integrated marketing campaigns with multiple ROI measurements for high-profile clients including: Sony, Sprite, Microsoft and Nintendo
▪ Managed and expedited several areas of large-scale rebranding effort - including raising content visibility, rebuilding link equity and driving traffic - for leading MTV destination websites.
▪ Used traffic analysis (Omniture) to develop and implement online initiatives focused on content selection and acquisition that led to doubled site traffic within 5 months.
▪ Built and strengthened branded presence on various social media & networking sites.
Consumer Product Manager
2006 – 2007 (1 year)
▪ Managed digital and CD-based musical products for mainstream and alternative music markets.
▪ Collaborated with programming dept. to license and create musical concepts for high-end retail clients, including W Hotels, Kenneth Cole and Jamba Juice.
▪ Increased DMX’s brand equity through unique distribution partnerships.
▪ Developed record label database that drove DMX’s royalty and distribution system.
Director of Marketing & Business Development
MyKideo Online Viewing Services
2004 – 2006 (2 years)
▪ Produced and executed company’s business plan and subscriber revenue model.
▪ Developed corporate concept, mission and brand strategy; directed every aspect of strategy implementation.
▪ Created and implemented successful marketing plan focused customer acquisition using micromarketing, SEM, and targeted email campaigns.
▪ Led design team for product technology and website interface.
▪ Drove business development efforts to successfully grow and penetrate new market.
Boris Chernin's Skills & Expertise
Boris Chernin's Education
University of California, Irvine - The Paul Merage School of Business
M.B.A, Digital Marketing and Strategy
Activities and Societies: Media & Entertainment Assoc., Marketing Assoc., Toastmasters Intl.
University of California, Santa Cruz
B.A, Political Science
Activities and Societies: Theta Chi; Student Senator; Politics Students' Organization, top-rated radio host, graduation speaker
Boris Chernin's Additional Information
- Groups and Associations:
Contact Boris for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch