Join LinkedIn and access Billy's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Billy directly
Creative and dynamic professional with experience in marketing, marketing communications, journalism, mobile video, and visual media.
Specialties:Writing, Editing, and Proofreading; Account Management; Tradeshow Support; Social Media Strategy; Graphic Design; Video Production and Editing; Webinar Production and Execution; User Evangelism
• Built Intuitive Surgical’s newest surgical procedure website, www.davincigallbladdersurgery.com, with hand-coded HTML and CSS.
• Ran nearly 200 HP Application Lifecycle Management test scripts in preparation for the launch of the new da Vinci Surgery Community user site.
• Create and deploy weekly HTML emails, across four separate surgical verticals containing over 1,000 recipients each.
• Assist in editing and updating Intuitive Surgical’s various surgical procedure websites as needed.
• Designed various graphics for 10’x10’ booth at 2012 Internet Retailer Web & Design show and 20’x20’ booth at 2012 Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition, including 14’ tall arch and 8’ tall presentation backdrops.
• Wrote and designed two-page full-color informative company brochure, the first piece of printed marketing material Kalio has produced in nearly a year.
• Created various advertising pieces, including two print ads for Internet Retailer magazine and three web banners for InternetRetailer.com.
• Supported various GoToMeeting co-branded webinars by editing presentation content and providing technical direction and support, as well as creating post-webinar e-mail communications.
• Edited all written content and wrote additional material for brand new company website, launched in January 2012.
• Coordinated and launched social media marketing efforts across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google Adwords.
• Manage social media activity and presence by using monitoring tools such as Radian6, HubSpot, and Google Alerts, and adjusting strategy accordingly.
• Create customized printed marketing materials using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for display at industry trade shows such as Casual Connect, E3, SIC, and Affiliate Summit.
• Generate and edite sales materials, including PowerPoint presentations, templates, and proposal documents for internal and external purposes.
• Produce and deliver direct communication with clients and affiliates via hand-coded HTML and sliced Photoshop e-mail newsletters.
• Effectively utilize HTML and CSS skills by editing BuyNow store templates and creating lead-generating landing pages for events and online marketing campaigns.
• Created and launched corporate blog and continually maintain it by managing content calendar, editing all written entries, and occasionally providing content.
• Planned, executed, and hosted live online WebEx and GoToMeeting webinars for clients such as CrossLoop, as well as for Plimus customers.
• Successfully launched and managed online and mobile advertising campaigns. Also, made any necessary changes to ensure fulfillment of all campaign goals.
• As primary technical liaison, worked with content partners such as ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, and Columbia Records to successfully acquire media and ensure brand integrity and optimal mobile viewing experience for consumers.
• Parsed raw SQL reports to produce and deliver detailed monthly data reports for more than two dozen video content partners.
Effectively utilized technical skills to test and troubleshoot application using various Internet browsers, video formats, and mobile phones.
• Produced and managed premium content offerings for top-tier partners Alltel and Verizon Wireless.
• As sole customer support manager, promptly responded to user feedback and answered technical questions.
• Wrote e-mail communications and newsletters aimed to update users on new features, new content, partnerships, and service upgrades.
• Created and edited the MyWaves blog, designed to engage partners, advertisers and consumers.
• Drove creation of the MyWaves embedded player, a means to acquire users via social networks such as Myspace, Bebo, LiveJournal, Hi5, Orkut, and Friendster.
• Maintained and updated corporate web site by uploading images, adding and editing press releases, and hand-coding any changes as needed.
• Wrote majority of original online user documentation and Frequently Asked Questions, as well as content partner "Welcome Packets."
• Created and produced vector and raster graphics integral to MyWaves advertising accounts. Also, designed and produced graphic assets for sales collateral, corporate communications, and marketing presentations.
• Produced and edited marketing presentation materials using Powerpoint, Photoshop, InDesign, and screencast software such as Camtasia.
• Represented MyWaves at various events, such as Pepcom in New York City, NBA All-Star Weekend in Las Vegas, CTIA in San Francisco, and a variety of smaller local events.
• Produced approximately 10 percent of monthly content by writing a variety of compelling pieces ranging from 300-word sidebars to 3,000-word product reviews and cover stories.
• Successfully leveraged close relationships with industry contacts to gather press releases to write monthly product news and world events columns.
• Maintained publication’s high standards of grammar, style, and accuracy by effectively fact-checking and editing copy before final publication deadline.
• Represented DRUM! Magazine during Winter and Summer NAMM industry trade shows.
• Assisted in updating and maintaining company website by formatting and posting articles.
• Collected and edited information from various product line managers, press releases and technical documents to create “National News” sales publications.
• Served as production assistant for on-site broadcasts and assisted in several capacities such as setting up video equipment, serving as stage manager, and operating cameras and soundboards.
• Created supplementary graphics for online and print advertisements according to company style guide.
• Provided trade show booth support at Communication Design Conference and Intel Developers Forum.
EnglishNative or bilingual proficiency
SpanishNative or bilingual proficiency
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing
- Video Coding
- Written Communication
- Graphics Editing
- Google Adwords
- Web Marketing
- Online Advertising
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Social Media Marketing
DRUM! MagazineSeptember 2005
DRUM! MagazineJanuary 2006
DRUM! MagazineSeptember 2005
DRUM! MagazineMarch 2005
DRUM! MagazineMarch 2006
- Graphic Design
Advice for Contacting Billy
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Marketing Director at Accuray
Global VP, Marketing and Customer Loyalty at Accuray
Global Marketing Director and Product Strategist
Product Marketing Manager
Business Transformation Executive that connects IT and Business, Angel Investor
Director of CyberKnife Marketing at Accuray
Find a different Billy Ramirez
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Owner at Mobile Sound and Percussion
Greater Nashville Area
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Head of Engineering at Novartis
San Francisco Bay Area
RAN Engineering Expert, MSc Telecom Management