Sr. Manager, People Services at Loma Linda University Health Care
- Greater Los Angeles Area
- Hospital & Health Care
Bez Rengifo's Overview
- Sr. Manager, People Services at Loma Linda University Health Care
- Physician Recruiter at Loma Linda University Health Care
- Lead Technical Recruiter – Talent Acquisition - Service Delivery at Kaiser Permanente
- Sr. Onsite Recruitment Manager at Ascent Media Group (via AppleOne / At-Tech)
- Manager of Recruitment (& HR) at Alliant Protection Services, Inc.
- Program Manager at InterKnowlogy, LLC
- Team Lead / Outreach Special Projects Mgr at NCS Pearson - TSA
- Director- Talent Acquisition & Engagmement Program Manager at Mache International
- Sr. Account Manager / Techical Recruiter at Braintec Corp
- Branch Manager / Supervisor / Technical Recruiter at General Employment Ent.
Bez Rengifo's Summary
• 15+ years in Talent Acquisition / Recruitment, Human Resources & Management.
• 10+ years of management experience.
• Workforce strategic goal development & tactical execution for Executive Leadership
• Implemented LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Plaxo recruitment strategies.
• Hired over 45,000 within 5 months on largest non-military staffing project.
• Talent Acquisition support for Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect (Epic Hyperspace) for EMR supporting 8.5+ million members.
• Program development of College, Career Fair & Internship programs.
• Regional & Branch P&L responsibility from $2M - $5M+
• Managed from 16 direct reports to 100+ indirectly
• Largest RFP (proposal) & award: $12M. Developed Diversity Outreach Toolkit.
• Bilingual Spanish (written & spoken)
• Excellent communication delivery from C-level level executives to support staff.
• Implemented Talent Acquisition framework for “start-ups” and large established matrixed corporations.
• Project Management experience of multi simultaneous engagements.
• International business experience with China, Europe & Latin America
• Experienced staffing healthcare, telecom, IT, entertainment, security, financial, bio-med, pharmaceutical, engineering, professional services and government engagements.
• CBBI (Competency-Based Behavioral Interview) experience.
• EEOC & OFCCP resume tracking requirements & UGESP job applicant guidelines.
• Vendor Management experience with programs of Chimes & AppleOne.
• Union Recruitment & knowledge of Local 39, 99, 501 & 7600 processes.
• Experience with ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) ProHire, Icarian, Hire.com and Taleo.
• Beta testing LinkedIn Recruiter (Project). Only 4 corporations selected.
• Consistently portrays a positive “can-do” attitude
• Recruitment & Retention Programs
• Recruitment strategies, ATS and legal compliance
• Diversity & Inclusion Programs
• High Volume Recruitment & Hiring Programs
• Compliance Issues: COBRA, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, HIPAA, Title VII, OFCCP etc.
• Employee Performance
• Employee Relations
• Develop Recommendations & Roadmap
• Presentation & Public speaking skills
• Professional Development
Bez Rengifo's Experience
Sr. Manager, People Services
Educational Institution; 501-1000 employees; Higher Education industry
April 2010 – Present (4 years 7 months)
Educational Institution; 501-1000 employees; Higher Education industry
January 2010 – April 2010 (4 months)
Lead Technical Recruiter – Talent Acquisition - Service Delivery
Nonprofit; 10,001+ employees; Hospital & Health Care industry
May 2005 – July 2009 (4 years 3 months)
• Partner with Directors/Senior Managers/Managers and Human Resource Consultants on recruiting strategies and process/procedures.
• Developed workforce and retention strategies with executives.
• Compensation administration and “offers” for newly acquired employees.
• Implemented Social Networking / Web 2.0 recruitment strategies involving LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Plaxo & KP Ideabook.
• Comply with OFCCP and EEO guidelines. Provided “talent acquisition” support for HealthConnect (Epic Hyperspace) project on largest EMR implementation project that supports over 8.7million members.
• Lead Recruitment Project for largest Citrix installation in North America by building a team of architects, infrastructure engineers, project deployment engineers and server & application engineers.
• Spearheaded a behavioral interviewing process..
• Engaged in hiring for Program & Project Managers for Application Service Delivery organization, Windows MSI Packaging project, Wintel/Citrix, Network Engineering, Help Desk, MS SQL, Virtual Infrastructure Project (VMWare), McKesson and Cerner. Staffing a Command Center 24x7x365 group handling AIX/UNIX / Citrix / Wintel / VMWare / Mainframe / IB & MQ Series.
• Handle candidates through entire on-boarding process as well as guiding hiring managers through offer/promotion/transfers approval process.
• Tracking of staffing metrics such as “Time to Fill”. Utilization of Project Staffing Plans with client groups.
• Point of Contact for several high profile staffing projects and managed 3rd party vendors.
** Implemented a pilot behavioral structured interviewing process for several groups complying with OFCCP & EEOC requirements. Referenced UGESP guidelines and framework.
Accomplishments: Built a team of 17+ Citrix professionals for the Enterprise Engineering team involving 2 departments (Plan & Build). Staffed entire Windows MSI Packaging Team.
Sr. Onsite Recruitment Manager
Ascent Media Group (via AppleOne / At-Tech)
March 2004 – May 2005 (1 year 3 months)
• Spearheaded the formalization of “Recruitment Office” for a leading world-wide post-production – media & entertainment company.
• Designed and integrated recruitment processes & procedures within current HR processes. Managed & supported 5 divisions (Corporate, Creative Services, Audio Services, Media Management & Network Services) for 3,000 U.S. employees.
• Workforce planning and retention strategies development.
• Set up strategic vendor relationships. Created vendor selection and proposal procedures while managing contractual SLA’s.
• Consistently managed a requisition load of 50 to 80+ openings. Set resource allocation of staff against staffing plans.
• Participated in HR Management meetings and interfaced with all executives across entire organization.
• Managed recruitment metrics and set up reporting mechanisms.
• Managed a team of 2-3 recruiters & augmented manpower with 3rd party vendor relationships.
• Implemented College Relations & Internship programs.
Accomplishments: Saved Ascent Media Group over $1.5M+ in search fees. Filled 22 positions within 5 weeks onsite and over 100 within 5 months. As onsite representative for AppleOne / At-Tech, identified & attained $300,000 in new business opportunities.
Manager of Recruitment (& HR)
Alliant Protection Services, Inc.
September 2003 – December 2003 (4 months)
Start-up Electronic Security & Monitoring company funded by Warburg Pincus and focusing on Residential, Small Business & Core Commercial market segment.
Brought in to establish recruitment office and staff company wide positions.
• Establish recruitment office and all processes & procedures.
• Recruited and staffed 20-25 positions across various departments including Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Eng/IT.
• Workforce & retention strategic plan development.
• Developed strategies & tactical plans for Exempt & Non-Exempt positions that included newspaper, online postings, Monster resume database, Applicant Tracking System (Prohire) and guerilla recruitment activities.
• Developed internal web portal to assist Hiring Managers with process, procedures and forms.
• Interfaced directly with CEO & VP’s on staffing plans.
• Additional duties included setting up HR infrastructure & managing the entire department while establishing State & Federal legal & company compliance. Administered health benefits, COBRA, 401k census testing, EEOC, FMLA, HIPAA, (employee handbook), compensation review & recommendation and policies.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Software industry
February 2003 – May 2003 (4 months)
• Microsoft Gold Partner - software development firm specializing in MOSS and mobile application development.
• Managed “major account” base team on a national level of Fortune 500 clients.
• Participated in complex and long life-cycle sales.
• Management of a portfolio of 5-10 simultaneous projects worth $500,000 - $800,000.
• Presented solutions & service offerings to Microsoft business unit executives.
• Managed teams & customers ranging from 4 to 14.
• Project Management interface with Microsoft on multiple projects utilizing the latest .NET software development platform.
Team Lead / Outreach Special Projects Mgr
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; PSO; Information Technology and Services industry
March 2002 – October 2002 (8 months)
Hired on original team to provide human resources support services in federalizing 429 airports within the U.S. & U.S. Territories.
Completed Structured Interview Training (Behavioral) by NCS Pearson for U.S. DOT/TSA.
Outreach Team: Original member of TSA Outreach and contributor that wrote strategic & implementation plan for a Diversity Community Outreach Assessment Initiative proposal that resulted in an additional $12M+ contract award that officially launched the TSA Outreach Team.
Accomplishment: Part of team that developed Community Outreach Assessment Initiative proposal that sourced over 1.2 million candidates, screened over 700,000 candidates and hired (or placed in a ready pool) over 100,000 candidates within 5-months. Provided end-user specifications for on-line MS SQL database utilized to track & establish over 53,000 Outreach partners.
Director- Talent Acquisition & Engagmement Program Manager
October 1997 – February 2002 (4 years 5 months) San Bernardino, CA
Launched new services with “go to market” strategies, new business development & large account management. Managed 5-10 different P&L cost centers of staffing and professional services. Direct reports included up to 10. Set pricing, contracts and service agreements for small to large operations. Planned budgets based on forecasts and sales revenues for entire organization. Engaged as "contract recruiter" on various projects.
• RedHat, Inc. - North America
• Alliant Protection Services, Inc. – Burbank, CA
• Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. / FutureWei Technologies, Inc. – Beijing, P.R. China / Plano, TX, USA
• Hyperchip, Inc. – Montreal, Quebec, Canada
• Ironbridge Networks, Inc. – Lexington, MA
• Cisco Systems, Inc. – San Jose, CA
• Household International/Household Credit Services, Inc. – Salinas, CA
• Verizon: - Thousand Oaks, CA
• Verizon Wireless: - Irvine, CA; (Airtouch Cellular)
• Airtouch Paging – Dallas, TX
• AT&T Wireless: - Cypress, CA; (LA Cellular)
Sr. Account Manager / Techical Recruiter
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
January 1996 – October 1997 (1 year 10 months)
Start-up Software Consulting company
Engaged in the recruitment of software developers/engineers and mainframe professionals.
Developed and managed major accounts of Fortune 500 companies.
Implemented processes and strategies for this start-up recruiting firm.
Recruited both contract and permanent employees for major account base.
Technical skills placed: C/C++, Win 95 & NT 32-bit and UNIX programming, embedded coding, MVS, Assembler, CICS, DB2, Cobol, Cisco internetworking, network engineers (WAN), Oracle/Sybase/MS SQL DBAs, UNIX & NT Systems Administration.
Accomplishment: Major contributor in establishing the sales process within newly installed PeopleSoft - Vantive SFA (Sales Force Automation) package.
Branch Manager / Supervisor / Technical Recruiter
General Employment Ent.
September 1992 – December 1996 (4 years 4 months)
Targeted various telecommunications, IT corporate departments, Internet, software, hardware and Big 6 Consulting companies.
Recruited, trained and managed 16 executive recruiters.
Full P& L responsibility for a $1.2M - $2M yearly revenue stream & a profitable Branch Office.
Implemented basic/advanced selling and recruitment techniques.
Accomplishment: The "team" was recognized as achieving top cash-in "team" among 32 offices.
Recruited, trained and lead a team of three (3) executive recruiters.
Taught sales & account management techniques & conducted weekly performance evaluations.
Accomplishment: Developed 3 strong revenue generating recruiters and promoted one (1) into a supervisor position.
Developed multiple hiring accounts that resulted in $250k+ revenue/billings.
Specialized in Information Technology and Engineering Talent Acquisition.
Accomplishments: Achieved "Presidents Circle of Winners." Ranked number four (4) consultant nation-wide.
Bez Rengifo's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Spanish(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Bez Rengifo's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Arts and Culture
- Civil Rights and Social Action
- Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
- Economic Empowerment
- Human Rights
- Science and Technology
Bez Rengifo's Skills & Expertise
- HR Strategy
- Workforce Planning
- Full-cycle Recruiting
- Talent Selection
- Behavioral Assessment
- Human Capital Strategy
Bez Rengifo's Education
Bez Rengifo's Additional Information
Contact Bez for:
View Bez Rengifo’s full profile to...
- See who you and Bez Rengifo know in common
- Get introduced to Bez Rengifo
- Contact Bez Rengifo directly