- Greater Boston Area
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
Avi Goldberg's Overview
Avi Goldberg's Summary
Serial entrepreneur and proven operational leader with over 15 years of experience building and operating leading technology companies.
Avi Goldberg's Experience
Founder and CEO
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Internet industry
August 2013 – Present (1 year 2 months)
Dispatch is a 21st century mobile workforce management solution built by industry professionals who have dedicated their lives to changing the way companies run their businesses and serve their customers.
Co- Founder and Board Member
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Pharmaceuticals industry
2005 – Present (9 years)
Zafgen is an innovative, capital efficient company dedicated to addressing unmet needs of severely obese patients by bringing beloranib, a first-in-class novel medicine, to market.
Co-Founder and Managing Director
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Venture Capital & Private Equity industry
2002 – Present (12 years)
GreatPoint Ventures (GPV) is a specialized venture development firm focusing on seed-stage commercialization of exciting, new technologies. GPV invests in "big picture" opportunities that have the potential to lead innovation and transform markets. GPV has been active in a broad spectrum of investment sectors including biotech, energy, cleantech, telecommunications, material science and semiconductors and believes that a "market first" investment philosophy holds true across industries.
- Sirtris - Raised $166M in venture capital. Acquired by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) for $720M in June 2008
- Coskata - Coskata is a biology-based renewable energy company. www.coskataenergy.com
- Altarock - AltaRock develops and commercializes geothermal technology to produce clean, renewable power. www.altarockenergy.com
- Oasys Water - Oasys (Osmotic Application Systems) is developing a suite of proprietary water treatment products to address the growing, global water crisis. www.oasyswater.com
Avi Goldberg's Skills & Expertise
- Venture Capital
- Business Strategy
- Business Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Product Management
- Renewable Energy