UnitedHealth Group/Optum Technologies
User Experience/Interaction Designer & Consultant
UX & UI Designer at UnitedHealth Group/Optum Technologies
|Recommendations||8 people have recommended Aura-Leigh|
Join LinkedIn & access Aura-Leigh's full profile
User Experience/Interaction Designer & Consultant
Innovative user interface & user experience designer, information architect and usability evangelist with solid foundations in psychology, research and human-computer interaction. Skilled at communicating and building relationships among customers, programmers, designers, sales and executive staff in corporate, public and non-profit environments. Effective business analyst, project and team leader, trainer and user advocate with proven experience in graphic design, front-end programming, and technical communications. Experienced e-commerce strategist and executive manager.
Specialties: Business analysis & enterprise application design; Usability, user experience and interaction design (mobile and desktop); Information architecture; Instructional design and curriculum development; Interactive design; e-Learning, online education and Instructor-Led Training (ILT); e-Commerce; Web and email marketing strategy and management, Search engine optimization (SEO); Project management and process development.
* Works with business owners, business analysts and developers to design the user interaction of new site capabilities based on user research and business requirements.
* Communicates high level design concepts and user interface requirements through wireframes, user interaction models, information architecture, prototypes, guidelines and user interface design specifications.
* Collaborates with business owners and business analysts to translate findings from user research activities (usability tests, field studies, market research, etc.) into user interaction concepts.
* Works closely through all stages of the project with a cross-functional team of visual designers, usability engineers, business analysts, systems analysts, marketing communicators and developers to ensure that design solutions are usable, useful and compelling.
* Conducts user research including site feedback analysis and usability testing.
* Advocates for the user while balancing the realities of a dynamic, fast-paced and frequently changing business environment
* Provided projectized and process-oriented business analysis, project management, marketing, design, usability and online learning consultation services to companies of various sizes, including global Fortune 500 clients such as InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
* Consulted directly with client teams and end users to create custom user experiences and interface designs, information architecture and associated training materials for enterprise-level SaaS applications, such as HRIS, CMS, LMS and POD systems as well as mobile applications.
* Produced and/or managed the production of specific collateral for UX, UI and IA designs as well as learning materials, such as graphics, HTML/CSS, video, mobile, etc. using industry-standard tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft apps and others.
* Delivered public-speaking presentations as well as in-person and online training and user group facilitation to audiences of all sizes.
* Worked directly with Taleo Enterprise Edition (TEE) Recruit and Learn clients such as US Bankcorp, Credit Suisse, Royal Bank of Scotland, Volkswagon Group of America, HP, CDW, Yahoo!, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, Hilton Hotels, Red Bull, Allstate, H&M, Nordstrom, Kraft, Caterpillar, John Deere, Chipotle, David’s Bridal, Swarovski and others to gather and assess design needs, scope design projects, create project plans and produce design collateral (sitemaps, wireframes, mockups, etc.) as well as developed and implemented these branding solutions in their Taleo systems.
* Created and provided training to other Web Design Services team members on Taleo Recruit Career Section and OnBoarding process and best practices.
* Conducted real-time client training sessions for Taleo Recruit Career Section Branding and Theming as well as LearnCenter Design maintenance.
* Co-created a comprehensive branding program for Taleo TEE Recruit (Career Section and OnBoarding) and Learn, including project processes, documentation, SOW language and both internal and client-facing presentation materials.
* Worked across departments throughout the Taleo ecosystem to build relationships and promote client success in Web Design Services and the TEE Recruit (Career Section and OnBoarding) Branding program.
* Created and implemented an “A-to-Z” model of user-interface design production for TEE clients to strengthen client relationships and to minimize communication delays and bottlenecks.
* Designed, wrote content for (copywriting) and built Taleo Client LearnCenter promotional pages (designed to later be moved over to Taleo KnowledgeExchange) for use by Sales & Delivery Management teams to demonstrate Taleo Learn’s QuickStart Templates program.
* Worked directly with Global Sales and Solutions Teams to design, develop and produce high-quality client demonstrations with improved usability, information architecture and branded design for clients, such as Red Bull and JP Morgan Chase.
* As a division Executive Team Member, oversaw all direct business, strategy and technology aspects of www.ryderfleetproducts.com and www.rydersafetyservices.com e-commerce websites (combined annual online sales of approximately $7 million).
* Worked with the Marketing Director to manage online marketing strategies for a customer base of approximately 15,000 subscribers and users, including targeted messaging and promotions to 6 audience segments.
* Designed and conducted a user experience survey of 200 online customers to obtain verifiable data for website needs and effectiveness.
* Extended and managed statistical website monitoring (Google Analytics) to gather detailed customer data to asses ongoing and develop new effective marketing strategies.
* Managed existing and implemented new Search Engine Optimization (SEO) programs to increase online market visibility.
* Redesigned the email marketing program based on customer data and website analytics for increased ROI.
* Worked with an outside consulting firm and Ryder System staff across multiple divisions to analyze requirements and complete a Scope In Project effort to determine viability of moving existing Ryder Fleet Products websites to .NET platform with Web 2.0 features; Completed and presented the resulting Request for Capital Expenditure to Ryder Systems Executive Team members.
* Worked with Safety & Loss Prevention Online Learning team to evaluate and plan the new Ryder University Online Learning System.
* Worked with Ryder Systems IT staff to develop Backup and Disaster Recovery plans and implement a PCI-compliant secure online credit card processing system.
* Managed a team of 4 direct reports and 4 additional contractors.
* Worked directly with clients, stakeholders, product managers, programmers, junior designers, sales staff and the executive staff to design and create online application user experiences, interfaces, graphic collateral and related user training documentation to serve enterprise clients such as Cingular Wireless/AT&T Mobile, Sony BMG, JP Morgan Chase, American Cancer Society, Hardees, Krispy Kreme, Arby's, and Carvel Corporation.
* Participated in all aspects of the design process including identifying user needs, analyzing and defining business requirements, storyboarding, prototyping, and iterative end-user validation.
* Translated current human-factors research into high-quality, visually engaging user interface designs to meet industry standards of human-computer interaction, technical specifications and cross-browser compatibility as well as individual client branding standards and guidelines.
* Led team in product prototyping, including creating interaction scenarios, wireframe layouts and typography, low-fidelity screen mock-ups, clickable demonstrations and user interaction elements.
* Implemented and managed the user documentation process, including determining documentation needs, writing or managing the writing production, assuring editorial quality, enforcing style guide adherence and maintaining updates.
* Used Captivate and Flash to design and develop web-based user training tools, ranging from online demonstrations to narrated simulations with the ability to track users’ end-test results for certification purposes.
* Managed all aspects of the user testing process, including drafting and delivering test plans, test-case scenarios and report documentation.
* Created, delivered and analyzed results of surveys and focus groups to correlate business requirements to final product outcome to ensure that overall user experience was effective and achieved customer satisfaction.
* Produced general and specific user-based case studies to evangelize usability needs to principals and other stakeholders.
* Worked directly with clients, stakeholders, product managers, programmers, junior designers, sales staff and the executive staff to gather and document business requirements, design and create web-based application user experiences, user interfaces, associated graphic collateral and related user training documentation.
* Managed a team of 2 graphic designers and one technical writer.
* Invited to move from contractor status to full-time employee due to high client satisfaction.
* Coordinated and managed course program scheduling, recruitment and hiring of adjunct instructors, curriculum development, text materials selection and certification testing for Internet Specialist, Oracle Database Specialist, and Introduction to Microcomputer degree, diploma and certificate programs.
* Advised students seeking to complete academic programs to meet their career goals, provided job search assistance, career counseling and internship management.
* Developed and implemented the Oracle Database Specialist Degree program, including meeting stringent qualifications to become an Oracle Academic Initiative member.
* Co-wrote and co-implemented the Information Security Degree program.
* Designed, developed and taught course curriculum to meet state and industry standards for face-to-face and online delivery of usability, design, programming languages and project management classes.
* Managed the CIS Program Advisory Committee, composed of local industry leaders, to continually provide updated, industry-specific curriculum to technical college students.
* Won the Georgia Department of Technical and Adult Education Technical Improvement & Innovation Project grant ($10k) to train technical college instructors to be effective online teachers.
* Provided technical support to staff and student users across multiple campuses for online learning tools such as Blackboard, Student Information Systems and Flash/multimedia presentation tools for online learning.
* Scoped and managed the redesign of the Lanier Tech website, including coordination of up to 5 contract programmers and up to 40 Subject Matter Experts.
* Used ASP 6.0/.NET, MS Windows Server 2003 and SQL Server 2003 to build a proprietary Content Management System (CMS) to enable designated editors to manage portions of the database-driven website.
* Managed ongoing post-launch website content deadlines and submissions from up to 40 Subject Matter Experts, including copy-editing and graphic design/production.
* Planned and coordinated meetings and learning events for up to 150 state and national education technology policy makers, including university presidents, governors, and state and U.S. Congressional members.
* Designed and created web-based tools to more effectively manage meetings and learning events.
* Designed, delivered, analyzed and reported results of various education surveys using online survey software.
* Managed quality assurance and usability testing and provided design support for 72 users of Spotlight on Algebra Teacher Professional Development eLearning Course.
* Coordinated effective communications among a network of widely-distanced state and national contacts using email, listservs, and web-based applications and tools.
* Coordinated budgeting, purchasing and distribution of technology for the APNexus grant project.
Designed and built the user interface for the Green Bicycle Company e-commerce and standard LearnCenter demonstration sites, presented at the 2011 Taleo Worldwide Sales & Services Meeting.
Developed and implemented the Oracle Database Specialist Degree program, including meeting stringent qualifications to become an Oracle Academic Initiative member.
Co-wrote and won the Georgia Department of Technical and Adult Education (DTAE) Technical Improvement and Innovation Project (TI2P) $10,000 grant to develop a standard program and processes to train technical college instructors to be effective online teachers.
Implemented Lanier Tech’s first Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Authorized Academic Partner and Certified Training Center program.
Developed PHP course curriculum standards in use by all technical colleges throughout the state of Georgia.
Co-wrote and co-implemented the Information Security Degree program.
Worked closely with governors and heads of state education agencies within the ATAlliance Grant to create the Request For Proposal (RFP) and manage the process to select preferred online Learning Management Systems (LMS) vendors.
Designed, implemented, and managed the SREB ETC Online Meeting Registration systems including the user interface and database.