- Gent Area, Belgium
- Events Services
Ashley Woods's Overview
- Events Manager at Realexpo.org
- Honorary Consultant, Communications & PR at International Peace Bureau (IPB) Geneva a federation of over 300 NGO's in 70+ countries
- Director at REAL Exhibition Development
- Senior Account Manager at Mach Media
- Founder and Managing Director at AWP Ltd
- Managing Editor at VII
- International Sales & Marketing Manager at Lookat Photos
- Office Manager at Tien Wah Press
- Events Manager at Magnum Photos
- University of Nottingham
- The International School, Singapore
- The International School of Penang (Uplands), Malaysia
St Andrews School, Brunei
1 person has recommended Ashley
Ashley Woods' Summary
• Experienced event organiser with international marketing & communications background.
• Solid commitment to development issues with strong NGO and media relations.
• Excellent networking, interpersonal & cross-cultural skills.
• Ability to conceive & implement ideas single-handedly.
• Articulate native English speaker + French and German.
Ashley Woods was born in the UK but grew up in Far East Asia (Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore). He has excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills and speaks fluent English, French and German.
Over the past 15 years he has worked and organised events for such brands as Microsoft, UBS Banking Corp, Magnum Photos, Warner Independent Films and the World Economic Forum amongst others.
As Senior Consultant for the Belgium based international communication agency 'Mach Media' (www.machmedia.be/) he handed all PR, media buying and event management for Fokker Aircraft Services. Prior to moving to Belgium he work closely with the ICRC and the International Peace Bureau (IPB), Geneva on a number of large public outdoor events including the IPB's Nobel Peace centenary along lake Geneva which attracted over 35,000 people.
Ashley can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Woods' Experience
Honorary Consultant, Communications & PR
Nonprofit Organization Management industry
2008 – Present (5 years)
The IPB is dedicated to the vision of a World Without War and is the oldest international peace federation in the world. Founded in 1891 and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1910 : since then 13 IPB officers have been recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize. With 320 member organisations in over 70 countries the IPB is truly a global network, bringing together expertise and campaigning experience in a common cause. IPB has United Nations Consultative Status since 1977 and is the Secretariat for the NGO Committee for Disarmament (Geneva). www.ipb.org
Nonprofit; 1-10 employees; Media Production industry
2007 – Present (6 years) Paris, France
A non-profit network of MarCom professionals helping NGO’s communicate to the media and general public on issues of current and critical environmental and development concerns. Member of the International Network of Peace Museums (INMP), REALexpo has collaborated on projects for the United Nations, International Committee of the Red Cross, Mayors for Peace and the International Peace Bureau (IPB).
- Organised the IPB Nobel Peace Prize centenary celebration in Geneva in collaboration with the United Nations, and the Swiss Government attracting 35'000+ visitors and a 2.5 million+ audience.
- Management of a international conference at ICRC Headquarters in Geneva.
Senior Account Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
April 2011 – July 2012 (1 year 4 months) Ghent, Belgium
A division of the Across Group, Mach Media is a “results-driven” team of native English-speaking MarCom consultants and account managers. While successfully managing international MarCom and product branding campaigns for multinational companies and organisations, Ashley was also responsible for the production and distribution (international aviation shows) of Fly Corporate EMEA & Asia, a very successful business aviation magazine produced in-house by MachMedia.
- Global branding campaign for ArcelorMittal, from brand concept to event marketing.
- PR, media advertising and event managment (EBACE, Geneva) for Fokker Aircraft Services.
- Development of web and digital media for the British Helicopter Association (BHA) and Signature Flight Support.
- Production and distribution of Fly Corporate EMEA & Asia magazine.
Founder and Managing Director
January 2004 – November 2008 (4 years 11 months)
Specialised international media licensing and event management company.
- Film premiere (in collaboration with Le Monde newspaper) of ‘Paradise Now’ (Golden Globe winner).
- Production and promotion of the book ‘Idols & Believers’ voted “Book of the Month“ by Vanity Fair, USA.
- Management of the International Network of Scientists and Engineers (INES) Global Conference.
- Exclusive media coverage at Cannes Film Festival for Le Monde, France.
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Photography industry
2001 – 2003 (2 years) Paris
Founded in 2001 by seven of the world’s most celebrated photographers. Responsible for overall brand development, creation and implementation of a global marketing and sales strategy as well as negotiation of rights for advertising and media (online/ print, TV, billboard) office accounting, hire and training of sales staff.
- Successful launch and management of the Paris head office.
- Concept and development of a fully integrated Digital Asset Management System.
- Participation at international events including Visa Pour I’Image, France.
- Production of international ad campaigns including ‘Think Pad’ for IBM Microsoft.
International Sales & Marketing Manager
1996 – 2001 (5 years) Zurich
Responsible for overall sales,marketing and promotion of the agency worldwide involving media, corporate and advertising relations.
- Media event management and PR for the World Economic Forum, Davos.
- Successive international ad campaigns for Swiss Telecom and UBS Banking Corporation.
- Organisation and PR of a major public event at the Royal Festival Hall, London for Thames & Hudson.
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Printing industry
1996 – 1996 (less than a year)
Responsible for overall office management and customer relations in Europe.
- Successful management of communications between head office, London and France.
- Improved supervision of print and delivery schedules - renewal of existing contracts.
- Delivery of the major retrospective book ‘The Life of Robert Doisneau’ to Ed. Lionel Hoëbeke.
- Promotion of TWP’s brand (via the media) as a leading printer of illustrated books.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Photography industry
1994 – 1996 (2 years) Paris, France
Responsible for management and promotion of public events (books and exhibitions) notably for the cinema industry.
- Distribution and sale of multiple sets of the company’s largest exhibit to date: ‘Magnum Cinema’.
- Management of major corporate partners such as ‘Chronopost’ and the French Cultural Ministry
- Organisation of exhibit presentations in over 30 countries.
PR for Theo Angelópoulos’s film ‘Le regard d'Ulysse’ (Ulysse’s Gaze), Grand Prix, Cannes.
Ashley Woods' Languages
Ashley Woods' Skills & Expertise
Ashley Woods' Education
University of Nottingham
BaHons, Communication / photojournalism
1986 – 1989
Activities and Societies: News Editor, College newspaper
The International School, Singapore
1980 – 1986
Activities and Societies: School athletics champion (1500 - 5000m) and 'Victor Ludorum' 1980-1982
The International School of Penang (Uplands), Malaysia
1977 – 1980
Activities and Societies: 800 + 1500m runner
St Andrews School, Brunei
1974 – 1977
Went to school with HRH Crown Prince General Dr Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, Brunei.
Ashley Woods' Additional Information
people, education, health, culture: photography, art, film, social media, sustainable development, disarmament, environment, leisure: scuba diving, skiing, swimming, cycling, playing badminton with my little boy...
- Groups and Associations:
National Union of Journalists
- Honors and Awards:
Contact Ashley for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch