Sr. Analyst, CRM Strategy at Abercrombie & Fitch
- Columbus, Ohio Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Ashley Martin's Overview
- Sr. Analyst, CRM Strategy at Abercrombie & Fitch
- Media Planning Manager at Highlights for Children
- Manager, Campaign Planning at Highlights for Children
- CRM Analyst at EXPRESS
- Marketing Science Analyst Intern at Critical Mass
- Analytics Intern at Chicago Interactive Marketing Association
- Research Assistant at Northwestern University
- Graduate Resident at ReachMD
- Admissions and Financial Aid Counselor at Samford University
- Director of Marketing and Public Relations at WorkPlay,
Ashley Martin's Summary
I am an integrated marketer that likes to leverage insights from data to feed strategic marketing decisions and plan multi-channel campaigns.
I hold a Master's of Science in Integrated Marketing Communication with a dual concentration in Marketing Analytics and Brand & Advertising strategy from Northwestern University.
Specialties: campaign planning, list planning, marketing strategy, CRM, campaign analysis, campaign forecasting, direct marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC), marketing analytics, web analytics, customer segmentation, brand strategy, customer research, interpersonal communication, strong written and verbal communication skills, Microstrategy, basic web design using Dreamweaver. SPSS, SAS, SQL and Microsoft Excel for data analysis. Web analytics using Google Analytics and Omniture.
Ashley Martin's Experience
Sr. Analyst, CRM Strategy
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ANF; Retail industry
April 2014 – Present (6 months)
Media Planning Manager
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Publishing industry
October 2013 – March 2014 (6 months)
Lead a team of targeting specialists who select the correct customer segments and acquisition audiences for various marketing tactics.
- Develop campaign segmentation for both customers and prospects to achieve campaign objectives
- Forecast campaign performance at a segment level based on historical performance and market/campaign trends
- Manage the campaign execution process and timeline, coordinating with internal partners and external vendors
Plan and execute multi-channel campaigns to cross-sell existing customers as well as acquire new customers.
Develop quarterly and fiscal year marketing strategy and objectives as part of the cross-functional marketing leadership team.
Manager, Campaign Planning
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Publishing industry
January 2012 – October 2013 (1 year 10 months) Columbus, Ohio Area
- Lead the execution of customer segmentation and media selection in a variety of direct to consumer campaigns
in order to meet the organization's goals and sales requirements
- Supervise a team of 3 campaign analysts' work including: segmentation, forecasting, testing strategy and
design, execution and formal analysis on 12 – 20 campaigns annually
- Responsible for hiring and professional development of campaign planning analysts
- Develop targeting and strategic objectives for all marketing campaigns as part of the marketing senior
leadership team to reach short and long term fiscal goals
- Manage the dissemination of campaign and market analytics to stakeholders for use in future campaign
- Planned and executed the 2013 Gift campaign that mails approximately 22M mail pieces over three months
- Manage the relationship with 6 external vendors to ensure proper campaign execution
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; EXPR; Retail industry
January 2011 – January 2012 (1 year 1 month)
- Conduct response and financial analysis on direct mail, email, credit card, gift card, and in-store CRM campaigns.
- Forecast sales and traffic impacts of campaigns.
- Track results to quantify impact on sales, profit and expense in comparison to projections.
- Analyze offer and segmentation strategy to identify growth opportunities with the CRM manager.
- Oversee qualitative and quantitative customer research projects to answer key business questions.
Marketing Science Analyst Intern
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
September 2010 – December 2010 (4 months)
- Created monthly reports for client sites and evaluate site/campaign performance
- Provided insights and suggestions for page optimization and improving user experience
- Developed event tracking and tagging frameworks for new sites and provide to development team
- Build and optimize queries with BuzzMetrics for social media measurement
Educational Institution; 5001-10,000 employees; Higher Education industry
February 2010 – December 2010 (11 months)
Conducted qualitative and quantitative data to support a paper authored by Dr. Dan Gruber and Dr. Paul M. Hirsch.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Broadcast Media industry
June 2010 – August 2010 (3 months)
- Created customer segmentation and personas using qualitative research and quantitative analysis to help inform brand positioning and future programming
- Developed a customer loyalty and engagement program to increase audience reach, retention and frequency of use
Admissions and Financial Aid Counselor
Educational Institution; 501-1000 employees; Higher Education industry
July 2007 – August 2009 (2 years 2 months)
-- Recruited and worked with approximately 300 applicants and 125 deposited students during each recruiting cycle.
-- Managed the Samford Admissions webpage – built new pages and made revisions.
-- Developed new publication designs along with University Communications.
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
May 2006 – July 2007 (1 year 3 months)
-- Designed, produced and managed distribution of promotional materials for concerts at the venue
-- Instituted audience demographic and customer satisfaction research for the venue
-- Learned Dreamweaver and developed new web pages and maintained the WorkPlay website
-- Managed the WorkPlay MySpace Page
-- Designed and coordinated all print media/ Wrote, produced, and placed radio promotions
-- Produced and edited the WorkPlay Podcast
-- Increased unique visitors to the website by an average of 46 percent.
-- Interned with company for 1 year before. During that time was director’s assistant on Talladega Nights.
Ashley Martin's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Ashley Martin's Organizations
Columbus Young Professionals
- September 2011 to Present
Ashley Martin's Honors and Awards
DMA - Integration CertificateDirect Marketing Association
- October 2013
Awarded upon completion of the Intensive Workshop on Integrated Marketing at the 2013 DMA conference.
Ashley Martin's Skills & Expertise
- Web Analytics
- Customer Relations
- Campaign Planning
- Direct Marketing
- Project Management
- Marketing Analytics
- Campaign Plans
- Integrated Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Data Analysis
- Email Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Public Relations
- Interactive Marketing
- Market Analysis
- Market Research
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing Strategy
Ashley Martin's Education
M.S., Integrated Marketing Communication
2009 – 2010
Dual concentration in Market Analytics and Brand & Advertising Strategy
Relevant Coursework:Statistics & Market Resarch I and II, Consumer Insight, Communication Skills & Persuasive Messages, Marketing Mix Analysis & Planning, Segmentation & Lifetime Value, Digital Marketing, Direct & Interactive Marketing, Brand & Advertising Solutions
Activities and Societies: Orientation and Graduation Committee
BA, Communication Studies, Spanish
2002 – 2006
The Communication Studies degree at Samford University teaches students to communicate in a variety of contexts ranging from interpersonal communication to public speaking. My coursework there included interpersonal communication, inter-cultural communication, rhetorical criticism and public speaking. The program also focused heavily on research and writing skills as well. For more information on the department: http://www4.samford.edu/commstudies/
Activities and Societies: Phi Kappa Phi, Lambda Pi Eta -Vice President, Student Activities Council Committee Chair, Harry’s Coffee House (2005) Homecoming (2004) , Hypatia Honor Society, Sigma Delta Pi, College Society, President-Alpha Lambda Delta
Ashley Martin's Additional Information
music, running, great food, visiting new cities and experiencing new cultures
- Groups and Associations:
Phi Kappa Phi
- Honors and Awards:
-- Samford University Student Employee of the Year, 2006
-- Presented research paper at the Southern States Communication Association Honor’s Conference, 2005
-- Selected by a faculty memeber to be his mentor in The College Society, a mentor organization designed to ready students for graduate school.
Contact Ashley for:
- career opportunities
- new ventures
- reference requests
- getting back in touch