Join LinkedIn and access Antonio's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Antonio directly
I am a Product Manager who loves designing and building systems that make sense of data, turning them into actionable insights for people and businesses in real-time and at scale. I am thrilled about solving challenging problems in elegant and efficient ways through the use of state-of-the art tools and by having an eye for quality.
In short, I am a broadly-skilled Software Engineer that loves thinking of new ways to farm insight from data and putting it into an easy to use, high-value product.
I have over 5 years experience in building real-time, scalable analytics and data processing systems in many domains, from Telecom to Payment Processing; from stealth network monitoring to real-time analytics; from Predictive Analytics to Fraud Detection.
I have a broad technical experience although I enjoy working the most with Scala, Ruby and am always trying to learn and experiment with state-of-the-art technologies and methods.
I am quick on my feet and embrace and drive change and continuous improvement in every team I have worked with. I value agility, transparency and a focus on quality and shipping on time. I also feel at home talking to clients, users and partners looking to find new opportunities and improve our products.
Specialties: Software Engineering, Agile Development, Big Data, Predictive Analytics, Fraud Detection, CEP, Scala, Ruby, Java
Product lead on Feedzai's Cloud-based product segment, building the leading Fraud Prevention SaaS offering to online businesses worldwide.
Previously, I was also the tech lead coordinating implementation of international Fraud Detection pilots and of SaaS Fraud API.
As a co-founding member of the R&D team, I've worked as a Data Scientist and Software Engineer focusing on building new technology used in real-time Big Data, Predictive Analytics and Fraud Detection.
* Technical lead for Fraud Detection pilots with international clients.
* Lead and co-developed data-processing and machine learning components of new real-time fraud detection product.
* Co-designed and implemented Predictive Analytics module for continuous, real-time time-series forecasting.
* Responsible for certifying FeedZai Pulse with Cloudera CDH and for integrating FeedZai products with SAP HANA, spearheading the partnership with SAP, which resulted in SAP Ventures' investment in FeedZai.
Main Tech: Scala, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Twitter Storm, CEP, R, REST, Flume, SAP HANA.
Worked in the Big Data team developing event processing systems and in the Mobile Apps team as an Android developer.
Highlights (Big Data):
• Designed and implemented a real-time, automatic metric aggregator for in-house KPI management system. Tech: Java, Esper, JSON, MQ.
• Maintained SAPO Alerts - a domain-independent, real-time event subscription and filtering platform used by PT and 3rd parties. Tech: Java, XML, PostgreSQL, Netty, SOAP.
• Spearheaded Scrum adoption.
• Proactively managed and coordinated a large part of the SAPO News mobile Apps project.
Core developer of real-time analytics and Business Activity Monitoring system - Pulso - using Complex Event Processing (CEP).
• Designed and implemented core CEP system in Pulso. Tech: Esper, JRuby, Java, ActiveMQ, Starling, MySQL.
• Designed and implemented domain-independent BAM patterns and rules for business process and application monitoring solutions. Tech: Esper.
• Implemented tens of real monitoring scenarios for several mission-critical business processes and applications in PT. Tech: Esper, Ruby.
Developed and applied MSc research. Results were tested in three real-word Information Systems Architectures. Helped development of in-house automatic network application and infrastructure discovery system.
• Designed, implemented and applied an automatic IT architecture verification and discovery system that uses deep passive traffic analysis and rule-based logic inference to run a "fact-check" on a proposed IT architecture model. Tech: Logtalk/Prolog, Ruby, C and an assortment of network traffic analysis tools.
• Designed and implemented a wide range of deep packet analysis probes for enterprise application identification and error detection. Tech: C, Ruby, PADS.
Researched and implemented ad-hoc (mesh) network applications for mobile devices using Bluetooth, RF-ID and Microsoft .Net Compact Framework.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Scrum Alliance– Present
Initial Pedagogical Training for Trainers
Portugal Telecom Inovação, SA– Present
Certificate of Proficiency in English
University of Cambdrige, Local Examinations Syndicate– Present
Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science, RCIS 2010, Nice, FranceMay 2010
Ensuring constant synchronicity between the IT Architecture (ITA) and the actual Information Systems (IS) without the help of automatic tools is an intractable task, especially when taking into account modern IS' rapid evolution and growing complexity and distributed nature. We propose an automatic AS-IS ITA verification methodology and framework based on deep passive network traffic analysis and logical inference rules with the goal of inferring relevant facts about the actual ITA.
Honors & Awards
Portugal Telecom (SAPO.pt)
Built a distributed slide presentation platform with support for real-time metrics and crowdsensing from mobile device sensors. Our team placed 4th in 100.
GCE - University-Businesses Contact Group
Portugal Telecom (SAPO.pt)
- Lisbon Machine Learning School
- Startup Weekend
- SAP HANA Bootcamp
EnglishFull professional proficiency
SpanishProfessional working proficiency
PortugueseNative or bilingual proficiency
- Certified Scrum Master...
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Systems
- Event Processing
- Stream Processing
- Business Activity...
- Enterprise Architecture
- Agile Methodologies
- Software Development
- Fraud Detection
- SAP HANA
- Time Series Analysis
- Apache Pig
- System Monitoring
- Application Monitoring
- Regular Expressions
- Deep Packet Inspection
- Domain Specific...
- Software Design
- Domain Modeling
- Domain Analysis
- See 35+ See less
- Data Science,
- Big Data,
- Agile Development,
- Product Design,
- Project Management,
- Predictive Analytics,
- Fraud Detection,
- Machine Learning,
Advice for Contacting Antonio
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Senior Data Scientist at FeedZai
Chief Science Officer at FeedZai
software engineer at FeedZai
CTO at Feedzai
Software Engineer at FeedZai
Dev. Manager at E.Near
Software Engineer at Cyanogen Inc
Senior Software Engineer at Gymondo GmbH
Data Scientist at Freelancer
Find a different Antonio Alegria
Director of Marketing Research at Linear Local
Project Team Leader at DuPont
Madison, Wisconsin Area
Lisbon Area, Portugal