Freelance Artist, Writer at Priceless Earth Creative
- Baltimore, Maryland Area
- Public Relations and Communications
Rose Anderson's Overview
- Artist, Writer at Priceless Earth Creative/HummingbirdBay.com
- Development Support/Executive Help Desk at Needles Case Management Software
- Senior Help Desk Analyst/Team Leader at Educate, Inc. (Sylvan Learning Centers)
- Software Support Analyst at Scholastic Education Software/Absolute Quality
Rose Anderson's Summary
I founded my life’s work on my passion for knowledge, creativity and communication. Building upon many years of corporate business experience, I now manage a creative freelancing practice and contribute to arts and environmental education for middle school children.
Rose Anderson's Experience
Priceless Earth Creative/HummingbirdBay.com
March 2012 – Present (2 years 7 months) Baltimore, MD
- Copypress sharebait certified writer for DIY, Arts and Crafts, and Design blogs.
- Nature photographer specializing in detail shots and small subjects such as flowers, birds, and butterflies.
- Digital artist creating artworks based on photography, including abstract, paintography, and digital illustrations.
- Handmade artisan creating functional and decorative art pieces using paint and photographic ink transfer using a proprietary process that allows texture to come through the artwork.
- Artist on commission for custom work based on the everyday photos of others to create special items such as memorials and urns.
- Contributor to the local Baltimore arts and small business scene selling handmade items with a local collective.
- Social media marketer with a large and highly engaged fanbase that enjoys original, meaningful content including original works of art.
Development Support/Executive Help Desk
Needles Case Management Software
November 2006 – March 2012 (5 years 5 months) Owings Mills, MD
I initially accepted this position to provide advanced technical assistance to attorneys and their IT consultants, but soon noticed countless lost opportunities for building client relationships as well as a dire need for quality control processes. I took the initiative to redefine my role, which came to encompass the duties of client liaison, quality control, and development support.
Senior Help Desk Analyst/Team Leader
Educate, Inc. (Sylvan Learning Centers)
January 2005 – November 2006 (1 year 11 months) Baltimore, MD
Hired as front-line software support, I quickly became an expert in Sylvan's accounting, training, and academic testing software. I assumed the role of client liaison and mentor to the help desk staff, and continued to facilitate significant improvements to software stability and design by working closely with programmers and decision makers.
Software Support Analyst
Scholastic Education Software/Absolute Quality
April 2004 – January 2005 (10 months) Baltimore, MD
Hired as front-line software support, I quickly became an expert in Sylvan Learning Centers’ CRM, accounting, training, and academic testing software. After only six months, I accepted a promotion in recognition of my initiative in assuming the role of client liaison and mentor to the help desk staff, and continued to facilitate significant improvements to software stability and design by working closely with programmers and decision makers.
Rose Anderson's Skills & Expertise
- Database Management
- Database Administration
- Software Training
- Escalation Management
- Client Relationship Building
- Grant Writing
- Grant Research
- Software Development
- Software Design
- Software Implementation
- Staff Management
- Staff Training
- Staff Mentoring
- Working With Children
- Software Quality Assurance
- Customer Relations
- Help Desk Management
- Team Leadership
- Operations Management
- IT Operations
- Knowledge Management
- Software Installation
- Data Migration
- Environmental Issues
- Personal Development
- Persuasive Communication
- Customer Service
- Database Admin
- Help Desk Support
- Program Management
- Community Development
- Hands-on Training
- Volunteer Management
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Community Outreach
Rose Anderson's Volunteer Experience & Causes
YMOS (Youth Maryland Ornithological Society)/Baltimore Bird Club
May 2010 – present (4 years 5 months)
- Work with the conservation committee to monitor Maryland environmental concerns.
- Lead nature walks for children and their parents; teach beginning birders how to use binoculars, identify habitats, spot birds, and use field guides; organic cook and meal planner for multi-day trips to nature sanctuaries.
-Develop and promote a compelling image for youth birding; network at Nature Center events and set up booths at festivals to promote the club to prospective new members; maintain the club’s vibrant social networking presence.
-Work with groups of volunteers to identify and count migrating birds of prey to monitor the health of the environment.
-Document locations and numbers of bird sightings, mating and nesting behaviors throughout the year; maintain a citizen scientist profile on eBird.com, adding observations to the global database for environmental scientists to review.
-Coaching YMOS middle school teams for the New Jersey Audubon World Series of Birding competition, teach kids about birds and habitats, native and invasive plants, conservation issues
-Teach nature photography as a way to maintain a deep connection to the natural world
Causes I care about:
- Arts and Culture
- Civil Rights and Social Action
- Economic Empowerment
- Human Rights
Rose Anderson's Additional Information
Environment, birding, hiking, nature, personal development, social justice, communication, food and farming, arts and culture, alternative currency, time banking, local community
- Groups and Associations:
Maryland Ornithological Society (MOS): Baltimore Chapter, Youth Chapter; ABA (American Birding Association)
Contact Rose for:
View Rose Anderson’s full profile to...
- See who you and Rose Anderson know in common
- Get introduced to Rose Anderson
- Contact Rose Anderson directly