Senior Digital Public Relations Strategist
Senior Digital Marketing & PR Strategist at DigitalRelevance
|Recommendations||13 people have recommended Amy|
Join LinkedIn & access Amy's full profile
Senior Digital Public Relations Strategist
Specializing in social business, Amy helps organizations improve customer experience by breaking down organizational silos, integrating marketing technology with data, mobilizing advocates and maximizing co-created value with converged marketing strategies.
At DigitalRelevance, Amy leads the development and implementation of an agency-wide strategic integrated promotion framework for enterprise clients. She develops digital marketing strategies that help companies develop marketing apps and earn media coverage of content that will generate referral traffic, conversions, brand credibility and trust in the marketplace.
She also serves in a cross-functional capacity to refine agency digital marketing service offerings, streamline operations, identify new revenue streams and assist in the adoption of a flattened organizational structure with a reduction of hierarchy and optimization of a pod-centric holacracy.
Previously, Amy managed an exclusive digital consulting engagement with the world’s largest inter-denominational faith-based nonprofit, Cru Global [formerly Campus Crusade for Christ] to align global marketing strategies during the integration of existing digital infrastructure with new technology systems to move Cru toward a social business strategy that improved customer experience at all stages in the customer life-cycle journey and increased revenue. Cru employs more than 13,000 staff, coordinates more than 200,000 volunteers and has an annual revenue surpassing $670 million.
Amy also has international marketing and public relations experience, working for Harvey Nichols European luxury department stores headquarters in London and earning media coverage with the BBC, Guardian, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar and others.
Client Digital Marketing Technology Strategy
• Establish a strategic integrated promotion framework used for enterprise clients including Intuit, IBM, Rackspace, Teradata, Seagate and others to improve campaign traffic and lead acquisition by more than 100 percent.
• Partner with marketing analysts to understand customer life-cycle and guide the development of marketing apps that deliver memorable customer experiences.
• Develop client training curriculum and lead workshops on topics including digital marketing, converged media, influencer engagement and PR.
• Implement integrated marketing strategies that break down client silos and unite professionals across marketing, web development and PR to blend marketing and technical to meet holistic business goals.
Business Model Design & Strategy
• Assume cross-functional leadership responsibility and leverage domain expertise in digital marketing and public relations to refine agency service offerings and streamline operations.
• Identify key business activities and revenue streams for customer segments and develop new service offerings at various pricing levels to profitably grow the business.
• Advocate for an agile approach to business strategy with a bias toward action over extended planning, utilizing cross-functional meetings and project sprints to ensure continual improvement and iteration of processes.
• Member of the inaugural strategic advisory council, comprised of a select group of high-performers, to serve as a sounding board for the executive team, as well as a resource for client challenges requiring next-level creative and strategic thinking.
• Serve as internal champion during the adoption of a flattened organizational structure, reduction of hierarchy and optimization of a pod-centric holacracy focused on spreading authority and decision-making evenly across the business.
Digital Public Relations Lead [April 2014 - Aug. 2014]
Digital Public Relations Specialist [April 2013 - April 2014]
• Develop consistent brand standards, segment target audiences, analyze whole product offering of member services and identify key messages to motivate young professionals to join a national professional network for public relations practitioners.
• Support a digital community of more than 5,000 professionals new to the public relations industry by planning social content and events to provide valuable member learning experiences and implement social programs to improve member recruitment and retention.
• Leverage relationships with valuable industry partners and public relations influencers to boost digital impact — leading to a 65 percent increase in followers on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn in 6 months.
• Developed global marketing and digital strategies for Cru Global [formerly Campus Crusade for Christ] — the world's largest inter-denominational, faith-based nonprofit with more than 13,000 staff, 200,000 volunteers and annual revenue surpassing $670 million.
• Advised executives, marketers, content specialists and community managers, from more than 30 Cru subsidiaries in more than 190 countries on strategies including omni-channel campaigns, inbound marketing, public relations, content marketing, SEO, digital marketing, customer experience, marketing automation and lead generation — leading to more than 2.5 million website pageviews in one business quarter.
• Aligned marketing strategies between IT, fundraising/sales, operations and HR during the integration of existing digital infrastructure with new systems to move Cru toward a social business strategy that improved customer experience and increases revenue.
• Advised chief executives on ways to optimize enterprise digital systems within a new, customer-focused sales process to capture, qualify and convert leads to generate value for every stage of the customer journey and maximize return on investment.
• Oversaw product marketing strategy of Cru's first enterprise-wide volunteer CRM, MissionHub, intended for more than 200,000 staff and volunteer users.
• Developed MissionHub's strategic positioning, branding and messaging based on target audience analysis, market assessment, competitive analysis and deep understanding of segment opportunities — leading to a 300 percent increase in unique visitors in six months.
• Managed MissionHub user experience priorities in agile development sprints to ensure user-driven feedback fueled innovation and improved user experience.
• Developed integrated marketing strategy for three Clubs in Central Indiana.
• Oversaw messaging, branding, digital media strategy, print publications, email marketing, a website relaunch and media relations — increasing media coverage by 50 percent.
• Managed PRSSA’s national publication, FORUM — distributed to more than 10,000 members.
• Assigned, edited and published daily posts on the PRSSA Blog — increasing visitors and pageviews by more than 250 percent.
• Created and oversaw social media strategy to promote blog content — increasing traffic from Twitter and Facebook by more than 230 percent.
• Implemented SEO strategies — increasing search traffic by 400 percent.
• Received the Elaine Averick Outstanding National Committee Member Award for "excellence above and beyond my respective duties and responsibilities."
• Assisted with client relations at Indiana’s largest integrated communications agency.
• Researched business leads, qualified new business opportunities, wrote proposals and created presentations to close new sales.
• Coordinated PRSSA’s 2011 Outstanding Regional Conference, “Get Social: A Blueprint for Social Media Strategy,” a nationally-sponsored conference about digital strategy in integrated marketing.
• Collaborated with nationally-known speakers Jason Falls, Jay Baer, Kyle Lacy, Paula Berg, Mark Schaefer and others to develop programming focused on vital elements of digital marketing strategy.
• Promoted the conference to more than 60 PRSSA Chapters with an eight-month, multi-channel marketing strategy including social media, media relations and direct outreach — resulting in coverage by the Associated Press and more than 15 national media outlets.
• Maintained budget, corporate sponsorships and registration, generating a significant profit — ultimately “selling-out” the conference with more than 250 attendees.
• Publicized food markets and restaurants in nine department stores in the United Kingdom.
• Wrote press releases, sent press samples, followed up media inquires, organized events nationwide and tracked results — gaining more than 155 pieces of coverage in prominent national media including BBC, Guardian, Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Cosmopolitan.
• Wrote and designed restaurant email marketing – distributed to 100,000 customers.
• Provided media relations support for one of the only hospitals in Southern Indiana ranking in the HealthGrades top five percent of hospitals nationwide for clinical excellence.
• Wrote publications, CEO speeches and press releases — resulting in more than 50 pieces of media coverage.
• Researched and planned the 2010 Census campaign — increasing awareness by 40%.
• Established and maintained relationships with more than 100 government and university contacts.
• Implemented digital strategy including website development, social media strategy and email marketing — creating more than 839,000 brand impressions.
The Future of Work is an open community organized to investigate the future of work, understand new ways of working together, redefine our connection to work and each other, and ultimately, to change the world.
An invitation-only council for thought leaders, digital marketers and social business practitioners from the world's biggest brands to discuss social business and share best practices. Prior to Dachis Group's acquisition by Sprinklr, I worked within the council to explore cutting-edge topics in social business specifically related to data-driven digital marketing and customer experience. Additionally, I was a co-project manager for an intensive research project to understand the impact of enterprise social tools on business outcomes and identify the ROI of advocacy.
Serve as co-project manager for a seven-month intensive research project, sponsored by Dachis Group's Social Business Council, to understand the impact of enterprise social tools on business outcomes and identify the ROI of advocacy. The project comprises professionals from a variety of disciplines including communications, online community management, digital marketing, management consulting, and social business strategy.
Recommended overall business strategies to chief executives to amplify effectiveness of digital tools for more than 250,000 enterprise users. Analyzed extensive quantitative and qualitative research to develop a thorough understanding of Cru's digital landscape and the current market. Identified primary roadblocks preventing digital tools from achieving maximum effectiveness and adoption among users.
The award is given annually to one PRSSA National Committee member who demonstrates excellence above and beyond their respective duties and responsibilities. It is named for the Society’s past Director of Education, Elaine Averick, who served PRSSA for 20 years.
Recognized by PRSA for coordinating the top 2011 PRSSA Regional Conference based on overall benefit to attendees, quality of programming and success in achieving Conference and Society goals.
Selected as the top public relations student by IU School of Journalism faculty in 2010 and 2011.
Researched, planned and evaluated a public relations campaign for the 2010 Census — increasing awareness and knowledge in Bloomington, Ind. by more than 40 percent. Selected in the top ten of more than 60 teams nationally.
Chosen as a recipient of the prestigious Lilly Endowment Scholarship. Selection based on outstanding academics, community service and professional endeavors.
Virtual Real Estate Transaction Coordinator
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Director of Sales; Dispatch Magazines at Dispatch Printing Company
Columbus, Ohio Area
Sr. Recruiter - Charlestown Retirement Community
Baltimore, Maryland Area
Elementary School Counselor
Daytona Beach, Florida Area
Regional Marketing Director at Principal Financial Group
Des Moines, Iowa Area