Building a New Country at the New Country Film Project.
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Montreal, Canada Area)
- Motion Pictures and Film
Mohamed Alborno's Overview
- Founder and Transmedia Film Production Evangelist at Crowdsway
- Producer at The New Country Project
- Sales and Support Specialist at Wink Software
- Director at Causeway Productions.
- Freelancer / Temp at Career Contacts
- Director at Design Valley
- Founder at Egypt Business Network
- Publicist at Tohami.com
- Strategist at Hatefna
- President at Cairo Toastmasters Club at Cairo Toastmasters Club
- Independent Marketing Consultant at CSS
- Business Development Manager at OpenCraft
- Telecommunications Sales and Marketing at 3M
- IEEE Active Member at IEEE Egypt
- Product Manager and Technical Marketing Executive at High Technology Systems Ltd. (HiTeknoFal)
- Consultant at Design Valley
- Wireless Networking Manager at KIT
- Instructor and Trainer at YAT
- International Sales Specialist / Wireless Specialist at Silicon21
- R & D at Txt4Info
- Software QA Tester at Valuesys
- Regional Information Technology Institute
- The American University in Cairo
- Higher Technological Institute
Mohamed Alborno's Summary
A computer engineer turned filmmaker, creating a new country at the www.newcountry.org , it's a collective, a movement and a film. The goal is to change the world for the better and help others. Starting with the film. If interested, let's talk.
After years of diversified experience as an engineer working with technologies like Bluetooth where I was one of the first few to work with actual Bluetooth devices and chipsets in 2000. I finally found my passion and it's big.
My old life:
Business and technology evangelist with over 9 years of accumulated experience in the fields of technical sales and marketing, business development, project management and consulting.
Specialised in new product and business launches, new initiatives, partnerships, business development and business networking.
Managed to launch and develop a series of leading business and technology courses and initiatives. His strong background in the wireless and convergent technologies makes him believe that it will add a new dimension to business.
Facing challenges in a fast-changing market or needing professional help?
Let's talk to witness opportunities being shaped and developed.
Specialties: Filmmaking, film, media, TV, Commercials, videos, disruptive technologies, partners, software, CRM, CMS, Telephony, open source, contractors, distributors, IPTV, partners to think of new ideas, Telecommunications, LAN, Networking, IT, Innovative Products, Services, sales, Marketing, projects, network design, fiber, Sales leads, partnerships, contacts, clients, innovations, Cairo, Dubai, Dublin, Ireland, Partnerships, PM, Laser, Montreal, Laserphotonics, Egypt business network
Mohamed Alborno's Experience
Founder and Transmedia Film Production Evangelist
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Media Production industry
June 2011 – Present (3 years 4 months) Canada, USA, Egypt
Founded Crowdsway Inc., the next generation crowdsourcing platform for filmmakers and creatives.
Hoping to change the world of filmmaking and media production for the better.
Crowdsway is a crowd sourcing platform designed for content – video –exchange, where content creators and their potential clients looking for talent can connect and ultimately do business together.
Crowdsway’s goal is to enable the creator community to reach to a larger
audience. Market research shows that the need for video exchange and content exchange will dramatically increase in the next years.
Crowdsway’s website will be articulated around 3 main features:
- A crowdsourcing platform for promotional videos and content
- A “Talent for Hire” section, where anyone can offer a service or its talent and get hired by someone else. “Talents” can make money doing what they love doing. And anyone can get access to these talents through Crowdsway.
We are the 99%!
Our vision is that workers should be rewarded for their work. Crowdsway takes pride on ensuring that creators are rewarded commensurate to the work they provide. Not only the winner gets the prize, but the other top four participants get a price reward encouraging them to keep up the good work.
Our vision for the future is a better connected world, where artists can express themselves, and where talents are encouraged and financially supported. Be part of the media revolution, join Crowdsway. Visit us @ www.crowdsway.com
The New Country Project
April 2010 – Present (4 years 6 months) San Francisco - Montreal
After a life-changing journey in California, meeting with Akon, interviewing the inventor of Atari, Max Marty from Blue Seed, other amazing thinkers. Interviewing tens of people on what would they want to see in a new country. I'm proceeding with the New Country film project as follows:
We create a documentary about the New Country, what do people want to see in the world? Showing/researching existing solutions that offers new ways of living, etc... It's our contribution to humanity, to show people other feasible options for living!
Sales and Support Specialist
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Hospital & Health Care industry
July 2014 – August 2014 (2 months) Montreal, Canada Area
Promoting the only totally Free Practice Management Software for optometrists and opticians, and proud to be!
You can check it out here: www.downloadwink.com
April 2010 – July 2013 (3 years 4 months)
Working on feature films, short films, commercials but mainly for good inspiring causes.
- Managing different aspects of pre-production of a feature film, i.e. writing the script, researching the subject, etc..
- Public Relation activistes
- Finding sponsors and investors
- securing actors
- appointing volunteers to help with the project, either as extras, actors, researchers, marketing and PR or runners
May 2008 – April 2012 (4 years)
Web applications, SugarCRM, online marketing, social media marketing, Computer Software, Software, Telecoms, OSS, ICT, BPO, solutions, Telecommunications, LAN, Distribution, Networking, IT, Innovative Products, Services, sales, Marketing, Project Management, innovation
Egypt Business Network
December 2006 – April 2012 (5 years 5 months)
- Egypt Business Network helps developing new business opportunities
- Helps national professionals develop new business opportunities globally
- Helps international professionals do business in Egypt or with Egyptian companies
- Answer questions about Egypt
- Share experiences, what's good and best places to visit
President at Cairo Toastmasters Club
Nonprofit; 51-200 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
June 2008 – June 2009 (1 year 1 month)
Responsible for PR activities, managed to put Cairo Toastmasters in international TV and newspapers.
Organizing events and workshops, and spreading the word.
Recently I was appointed as the president, it's an honor.
Independent Marketing Consultant
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Software industry
March 2009 – May 2009 (3 months)
Responsible for preparing the marketing materials and giveaways for the company's events and conferences. Support the sales team with tools to sell the company's software.
Business Development Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Software industry
January 2007 – April 2008 (1 year 4 months)
Participating in the launching of the IPTV and CRM solutions
Managing external relationships with partners (e.g. Intel and SugarCRM) and business development activities nationally and internationally
I help companies maximizing their revenues, decreasing their costs and becoming more effective . This is done through thorough assessment of current business situation and introducing new ideas and initiatives and implementing it, that will produce a direct and significant impact.
IPTV, STB, Telephony, VoIP, IP Contact Centers, Virtual PBX, Asterisk, CRM
Telecommunications Sales and Marketing
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MMM; Mechanical or Industrial Engineering industry
June 2006 – December 2006 (7 months)
Selling 3M telecommunication products, taking part of developing and implementing the sales and marketing plans for the telecommunications market devision.
Product demonstration and training for end-users and distributors sales reps
Maintaining existing accounts as well as developing new ones.
IEEE Active Member
Nonprofit; 10,001+ employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
September 1999 – December 2006 (7 years 4 months)
Help in organizing IEEE events, conferences, seminars and meetings, recruiting sponsors, designing competitions
Product Manager and Technical Marketing Executive
High Technology Systems Ltd. (HiTeknoFal)
February 2005 – May 2006 (1 year 4 months)
• Launching NETGEAR business to become a multi-million pounds business
• Introducing, promoting, selling and marketing NETGEAR's products and solutions in Egypt. As well as supporting the sales and marketing process
• Design, pre-sales, implementation and support activities for the wireless and mobile devision
• Designing and implementing the university program and competition
• Technical and business assessment of new mobile networking solutions.
• Design, implementation of marketing campaigns for new company products and services mainly wireless and mobile solutions; as well as marketing existing services and solutions
• Appointing new channel partners as well as supporting them with sales, technical training and support
• Helping organizing the International e-Learning Conference at the American University in Cairo (AUC)
Wireless Networking Manager
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Civic & Social Organization industry
January 2003 – August 2004 (1 year 8 months)
Design, implementation and marketing for new company products and services: WLAN and GSM networks
Marketing for fiber optic cables/networks and electronics BU.
Designing and implementing the university support program and design competition.
Introducing, promoting and implementing new integrated networking and telecom solutions in Egypt; e.g. mobile integrated solutions, Linux based remote administration.
Instructor and Trainer
2004 – 2004 (less than a year)
Training the TIA's Certified in Convergent Network Tehcnologies (CCNT)
A program sponsored by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT).
- Basic Telecommunications-
- Basic Data Communications
- Computer – Telephone Integration (CTI) Essentials
- Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Broadband Technologies
- Voice Over IP (VoIP) Essentials
International Sales Specialist / Wireless Specialist
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Networking industry
2004 – 2004 (less than a year)
The first part of the job was sales and pre-sales activities for the Levant region. For the wireless part, I was promoting the use of WiFi and creation of wireless hotspots back in 2004.
Software QA Tester
Partnership; 11-50 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
2000 – 2001 (1 year)
J2EE applications testing. Writing testing scripts and documenting results.
Mohamed Alborno's Projects
- April 2012 to July 2012
"Kngine is an awesome semantic search engine" says VentureBeat. Kngine executives wanted to create a video to describe the Kngine App for iPhones and Andriod phones, Crowdsway.com connected Kngine with the right talent and hence the awesome video was created.
- April 2012 to May 2012
Advertising for Fekrety Contest - The American University in Cairo - School of Business - EIP
- May 2010 to Present
LogN is the brand of businesses and home wide range of networking and mobility products,
developed by HitekNOFAL
- 2013 to Present
> Pitched the idea of used book vendor which selected as one of the top 15 idea and lead a team of entrepreneur to build the startup.
> Coordinated user validation, sales and development of minimum viable product.
> Only team which was able to demonstrate a real user transaction.
> Pitched the final product in front of judges and audience along with a team member and demonstrated how the MVP works.
Mohamed Alborno's Languages
Arabic(Native or bilingual proficiency)
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
French(Limited working proficiency)
Mohamed Alborno's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Arts and Culture
- Human Rights
- Science and Technology
- Social Services
Organizations I support:
- CausewayThe Feature Film Project
- Film Industry
Mohamed Alborno's Skills & Expertise
- Film Production
- Feature Films
- Open Source
- Project Management
- Business Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Mobile Devices
- Marketing Strategy
- Public Relations
- Social Networking
- Creative Direction
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Mobile Marketing
- Integrated Marketing
- Product Development
- Go-to-market Strategy
- Mobile Applications
Mohamed Alborno's Education
Regional Information Technology Institute
Diploma, Marketing Management
1991 – 2009
Diploma, Project Management
2006 – 2008
Higher Technological Institute
Bachelor of Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Drafting 2 patents, CCNT, Microsoft Certified Professional, D-Link Certified, Certified Cisco Sales Expert and Project Management (in progress).
Activities and Societies: Bachelor of Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering IEEE Student Branch Chairman, Activities and Societies: IEEE (Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers) member since 1998, Computer Society, Telecommunication Society. ESPAF Parachuting Federation.
Life Time Experience, Knowing Who you are and what you love the most and pursuing your dreams.
Mohamed Alborno's Additional Information
Business contacts, partnerships, leads, distributors, outsourcing, NLP, skydiving, mind tools, wireless technology, SMS marketing, interactive marketing, WAP, mobile internet, wireless, technology, travel, mobile, Wi-Fi, WiFi, teleco, SMS, Ireland, Dublin, UAE, Dubai, Egypt, Cairo, 802.11, 3G, ASW, A Small World
- Groups and Associations:
IEEE, EBN (Egypt Business Network), SICU, The SICU Synergy Solutions Group (SICU SSG), ASW, A Small World, asmallworld
- Honors and Awards:
* Top 25 Tech Stars of the Middle East.
* Best Networking Photo Competition Winner, by XING.com AG.
* Certificate of Appreciation, IEEE Egypt Section.
* Certificate of Appreciation, Higher Technological Institute, 2002.
* Certificate of Honor, Sunrise English School.
* National Champion, silver and bronze medals.