Sr Software Engineer
Sr Software Engineer
|Recommendations||8 people have recommended Alberto|
Join LinkedIn & access Alberto's full profile
Sr Software Engineer
I am a senior software engineer with over 14 years of experience in software development with Java and building Web applications. I developed dozens of enterprise systems carrying out activities of gathering requirements, UML modeling, definition of software architecture, implementation, testing and optimization of applications.
I gave several lectures and short-courses in events in Brazil and the USA. As a teacher and lecturer I honed the ability to transfer knowledge and transforming what is complex in simple for students and other programmers.
The ability to prepare technical presentations for technical classes and large audiences in technical events allowed me to interact with sales teams to assist them during presales and technical presentations to customers driving them to the adoption of Java related technology. That ability also allowed me coaching other programmers in the best way to use the Java technology.
As a software engineer, I have developed software using techniques of object-orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures aiming to build applications that are efficient, optimized, easy to maintain, easy to read and always meeting the deadlines.
My strengths include reliability, honesty, flexibility, commitment and teamwork.
Vocado is a company with headquarters in Long Beach, California/USA, and dedicated to provide a solution of school management with the most comprehensive Financial Aid, Student Accounting and Student Information processing capabilities. Its engineering team is spread over different countries that include the USA, Brazil, Spain, France, Sweden, Poland and others.
- Helped to improve the system architecture and code quality.
- Helped others developers and testers providing strong technical knowledge.
- Wrote key stories for the main product.
- Working remotely from a home office in Brazil.
- Required technical skill: Java EE, Spring Framework, IntelliJ, git, Java SE and design patterns.
A small company that provides me a way to make my open source projects, give lectures about Java technology or make consultancy work.
- Wrote, recorded and produced an e-learning training course about Java EE 6 and 7 with total of 40 hours and a lot of videos, slides, exercises and certification tests (Teaser ad http://bit.ly/1bFnjFm).
- Attended the JavaOne Latin America 2012 conference as speaker in two sessions. Themes:
"Avoiding Java EE Application Design Traps to Achieve Effective Use of Cloud Computing";
"What's new in JSF: A complete tour of JSF 2.2"
- Attended the JavaOne USA 2012 conference as speaker. Theme: "Avoiding Java EE Application Design Traps to Achieve Effective Use of Cloud Computing";
- Attended The Developer's Conference 2012 in Sao Paulo at the Java EE track as speaker. Theme: "Using the portable extensions from the Java EE 6 Contexts & Dependency Injection API"
- Attended The Developer's Conference 2012 in Sao Paulo at the Java EE University track as speaker. Theme: "An introduction to the concepts of the Java EE 6 Contexts & Dependency Injection API";
- Attended the JavaOne USA 2011 conference as speaker. Theme: “Improving Batch-Process Testing Techniques”;
- Helped the research and development team to select a framework for reporting after a detailed analysis of the available solutions: JasperReports, Pentaho and BIRT;
- Deployed some selected applications in the enterprise cloud computing solutions after a detailed study of the IaaS and PaaS solutions from Amazon, Windows Azure, CloudBees and Cloud Foundry;
- Designed the new corporate framework to support the application development based on Java EE 6;
- Development team's technical coach to use the Java EE 6 technologies, including: JSF 2, JPA 2, Servlet and EJB 3;
- Design team's technical coach for how to develop applications for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with iOS 4.x.
- Design consultant of software architectures with Java technologies for companies deploying Java;
- Helped the pre-sales team to attend meetings with customers to drive the adoption of Java related technology and write business proposals;
- Java career course instructor (duration of 120 hours per course): “Academia Web Developer” and “Academia Java Developer” courses. Total of 2500 hours teaching Java and web technology;
- Organized The Developer's Conference 2010 Spring Framework track in São Paulo, Brazil (http://bit.ly/mCyYCY);
- Analysis and diagnosis of architectural problems in Java applications, object-orientation for customers to determine performance problems, usage of anti-patterns, solutions and good practices;
- Wrote the course material for the course called "Core Spring" with 32 hours to teach the Spring Framework, Spring WebFlow, Spring Security and Spring MVC;
- Lectures and technical presentations for more than 500-people audience;
- Attended the JavaOne 2010 Brazil conference as speaker: Theme: “Performance Tips and Tricks: Java EE, Persistence API and JavaServer Faces”;
- Attended the JavaOne 2010 USA conference as speaker: Theme: “Performance Tips and Tricks: Java EE, Persistence API and JavaServer Faces”;
- Attended the JavaOne 2009 USA conference as speaker. Theme: “Enterprise Web Architectures: From Pristine Java EE to Fully-loaded Framework”;
- Articles published in national Java magazine: “Creating a Web Application with Spring Framework” (Java Magazine, 65th Ed) and “Creating web templates using JSF” (Java Magazine, 61st Ed);
- Development of a demonstration project to show all JSF 2.0 features. It was embedded into the NetBeans IDE 6.8 and 6.9. The ScrumToys project implements some entities from the Scrum process.
- Designed the application architecture using a generic component model for communication between the Oracle ERP and Progress applications;
- Deployed a Spring Framework based architecture to simplify the electronic devices repair process in to three plants and three big customers;
- Development team's technical coach for the implementation of the designed architecture;
- Designed and deployed the architecture of the application to support the electronic device repair process. It was deployed in production at 3 plants to serve 3 customers;
- Specified the technical solutions for projects using Java SE, Java EE and object-orientation;
- Developers' technical leader in the local software development center and developers in Mexico and China centers.
- Deployment of the Jira application from Atlassian to manage all defect reports, enhancement requests and new feature requests;
- Deployment of the database-based central repository to keep all UML models developed via the UML modeling tool, namely, Enterprise Architect;
- Development of the module for electronic health records for the health management system of São Paulo;
- Technical monitoring of the partner responsible for the development of system modules for the health management system of São Paulo.
- Developers' technical leader for Java SE, Java EE and OO regarding design and deployment of a billing system;
- Designed and deployed a system architecture for calculating discounts for the telephone billing system;
- New developers' technical guide to integrate them to the development team for Java projects.
- Development team's manager for creating software in Java, C++, shell script, and other languages;
- Web application developer for Java, Oracle database and Oracle Application Server;
- Designed and deployed the Java EE and OO web application for billing the dial-up connections via Radius for a Brazilian Internet Service Provider;
- Technical proposal and architecture document writer for custom system development.
- Internet service monitoring and maintenance: Email Server, Web Server, FTP Server, IRC server, network and service windows authentication / authorization services via Radius server;
- Technical support team's manager to help solve complex problems of connectivity to the Internet;
- Designed and deployed intranet applications to support the administrative routines and management of web services;
- Designed and deployed dynamic web pages for corporate sites to be hosted in an Internet Service Provider.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Senior Developer at Vocado
Teacher Assistant (TA) at MongoDB, Inc
Director, Product and Engineering at Geekie
Analista Desenvolvedor .NET na WA Consultoria
Software Architect at Bradar - Embraer Defesa & Segurança
Software Engineer/Agile Coach at Maps Soluções e Serviços SA
Software Developer at Inmetrics