Owner, WebConjunction | Social Media Service Provider, Trainer, Consultant, Speaker, Blogger
- Towson, Maryland (Baltimore, Maryland Area)
- Marketing and Advertising
AK Stout's Overview
- Owner, Social Media Consultant, Trainer, Speaker at WebConjunction
- Independent Reseller at Chloe + Isabel Inc.
- Co-Organizer at Baltimore Social Media Group
- Co-Host at Social Geek Radio
- Creator & Curator at Get Social Baltimore
- Baltimore Online Marketing Examiner at Examiner.com
- REALTOR® at Long & Foster Companies
- Part of The Domino Project Street Team at The Domino Project
- Franchise Support Specialist at Senior Helpers
- Director at Play Centers, Inc.
- Marketing Intern at The Family Tree, Information, Education, and Counseling Center
AK Stout's Summary
AK Stout is a seasoned, consumer marketer and proven strategist in the realm of social media and digital publicity. She prides herself in finding ways to utilize her knowledge and experiences in conjunction with the ever-expanding mix and advantages of new media tools to help businesses enhance their online footprint while establishing trust and cultivating synergistic business-consumer relationships.
In addition to her role as Owner/President of WebConjunction, AK is the co-organizer of the Baltimore Social Media group, blogs about fitness, weightloss, apps, gadgets, and tech at AK Un-Sugarcoated; and is a fervent Brand Ambassador for various companies/organizations.
Specialties: Social Media Marketing, Franchising, Public Speaking & Presentations, Web Marketing, Branding, Business Blogging (Wordpress), Internet Marketing, Social Media Training, Consulting, Web 2.0, Conference Speaking, Email Marketing
AK Stout's Skills & Expertise
- Social Media Marketing
- Training & Development
- Local Search
- Blog Marketing
- Social Networking
- Online Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Conference Speaking
- Constant Contact Trainer
- Social Media Trainer
- Social Media
- Online Advertising
- Public Speaking
- Digital Marketing
- Employee Training
- Content Strategy
- Digital Strategy
- Mobile Marketing
- Content Development
- Social Marketing
- New Media
- Community Management
- Web Content Management
- Website Development
- Google Analytics
- Web Analytics
- Social Media Measurement
- Web Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Small Business
AK Stout's Experience
Owner, Social Media Consultant, Trainer, Speaker
Self-Employed; 1-10 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
December 2009 – Present (4 years 10 months) Towson, MD
Web Conjunction provides Social Media Marketing, Training, Consulting, Speaking | Website Development, Design, Maintenance | eMail Marketing | Text Message (SMS) Marketing
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Apparel & Fashion industry
December 2013 – Present (10 months) Nationwide
The Chloe + Isabel Brand was inspired by a concept called "The Friendship Philosophy" - the idea of two best friends with different personalities and styles, united by their passion for style and self-expression.
Chloe + Isabel jewelry is hand-designed in New York City and produced by the world’s best-known manufacturers, responsible for collections found in high-priced boutiques and departments stores. However, we are able to sell our pieces at a fraction of the cost because each c+i piece is sourced directly from the NYC studio and distributed exclusively through Independent Resellers such as myself. This process eliminates the typical costly overhead and high price markups of retail.
All of our jewelry is hypoallergenic, nickel-free, and lead safe.
We offer a lifetime replacement and 30-day money back guarantee on every piece.
Shop now: http://candibyak.com
Baltimore Social Media Group
September 2012 – Present (2 years 1 month) Baltimore, Maryland Area
Choose meeting date, book location, & market the meeting to spread the information throughout the community to get people to join the group and attend the meetings. At meetings - set up, welcome attendees, and facilitate the flow of the meeting from start to finish.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Broadcast Media industry
December 2010 – December 2013 (3 years 1 month)
Get in touch with your inner geek and listen in each week as we discuss the use of social technologies on today's web. Join us along with special guests as we talk about utilizing the various social media platforms to connect with others. If you think you enjoy technology just as much as you do relationships, this show is for you. At the end of each episode don't miss the "When in Doubt, Geek it Out" segment where we'll take a deeper technical dive into some advanced topics related to social media.
Creator & Curator
Get Social Baltimore
January 2012 – January 2013 (1 year 1 month) Baltimore, Maryland Area
Get Social Baltimore was born from the observation that businesses in Baltimore (city and county) could stand to be a lot more social. It's exhausting to constantly check-in on Foursquare and Facebook when hardly any place offers specials for our efforts! That's just one among several areas in which Baltimore businesses are lacking in the social media department.
Get Social Baltimore aims to help businesses more effectively use social media by showcasing the ones that are doing a really great job so that they become models for businesses that just aren't quite there yet. This site and the various associated social media outlets will also help consumers find the social media accounts of their favorite businesses and new businesses they've yet to discover.
Baltimore Online Marketing Examiner
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Online Media industry
September 2010 – September 2012 (2 years 1 month)
Write about what works and doesn't work as well as current trends in online marketing for local business owners.
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Real Estate industry
May 2006 – May 2012 (6 years 1 month)
For the buyer, my job involves matching the right property with the client's needs. For the seller, my job includes advertising the property, staging the property, setting up open houses, screening potential buyers and - in the end - selling the property. Having knowledge of market trends, zoning regulations, tax laws, and negotiation are all key components of this positon, as well. This job also entails getting quotes from appraisers and working with mortgage brokers to oversee and finalize sales.
Part of The Domino Project Street Team
January 2011 – June 2011 (6 months)
The Domino Project is the brainchild of Seth Godin and is powered by Amazon.
Franchise Support Specialist
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Hospital & Health Care industry
May 2008 – April 2011 (3 years)
Provide customer service to franchise owners for all issues and questions, including but not limited to: Email and Outlook usage; FranConnect (intranet) functionality, data entry, and usage; basics of the Senior Helpers business; and the use of forms and documents for the operation of the business.
Support the Generations software program training, issues, and questions from franchisees in all areas, including data entry, scheduling, and invoicing.
Maintain national Social Networking accounts and train our franchise owners how to use various Social Networking sites and services to maximize their business' online exposure and "findability."
Play Centers, Inc.
February 2003 – June 2008 (5 years 5 months)
1. Planned and implemented a program for professional growth
2. Conducted the daily operations of the center
3. Kept records that pertain to the administration of the center
4. Supervised the management of classroom schedules
5. Trained support staff, on an on-going basis, in the policies and procedures of Play Centers, Inc.
6. Operated the center within budget
7. Facilitated the timely collection, and appropriate processing, of fees
8. Assisted the Personnel Director in evaluating applicants for staffing
9. Recommended staff members for regular status or separation after an introductory employment period
10. Planned and implemented staff meetings on a regular basis
11. Assisted the staff in developing a workable plan for using the indoor and outdoor spaces
12. Developed daily, weekly, and yearly plans
13. Planned and implemented procedures that lead to creating a “team” atmosphere in the center
14. Assisted the staff in planning individual programs for professional growth and career development
15. Planned and administered a parent participation program
16. Maintained constant and affective communication with parents
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
2005 – 2005 (less than a year)
AK Stout's Certifications
Social Media Strategist
- Social Media Magic University
AK Stout's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Social Services
Organizations I support:
- HopeWell Cancer Support Center
- Make A Wish Foundation
- St Jude's Children's Research Hospital
- Miracle For Megan Foundation
AK Stout's Education
Contact AK for:
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- getting back in touch
AK Stout's Additional Information
View AK Stout’s full profile to...
- See who you and AK Stout know in common
- Get introduced to AK Stout
- Contact AK Stout directly