- Greater Boston Area
- Computer Software
Aki Balogh's Overview
- Sr. Manager, Sales & Marketing at InfiniDB, Inc.
- Advisor at SkillHound
- Venture Capital Associate at OpenView Venture Partners
- Private Equity Associate at Family Equity Partners
- Management Consultant Associate at Diamond Management & Technology Consultants
- Independent Consultant at Abu Dhabi Education Council
- Founder & Chairman at The Europa Forum Conference Series
- Product Marketing Manager Intern at Microsoft
- Software Developer at University of Michigan
- Entrepreneur at Entrepreneur
Aki Balogh's Experience
Sr. Manager, Sales & Marketing
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Software industry
2011 – 2013 (2 years) Cambridge, MA
InfiniDB enables fast, scalable analytics on massive datasets (Terabytes to Petabytes). Companies like Ask.com, Warner Music Group and Vodafone chose InfiniDB for its speed, ease-of-use and superior price-performance.
Product Marketer, Content Marketer, Inside Sales, Channel Sales.
August 2012 – November 2012 (4 months) Cambridge, MA
SkillHound is a Big Data analytic application that's solving a critical issue for tech companies: finding top developers. SkillHound scores developers' skill levels by analyzing code contributions to GitHub, StackOverflow and other sites.
Advised SkillHound on early sales, go-to-market, organizational design and fundraising strategies.
Venture Capital Associate
Partnership; 11-50 employees; Venture Capital & Private Equity industry
January 2011 – September 2011 (9 months) Boston, MA
Sourced and evaluated Big Data investments at OpenView Venture Partners, a late-stage VC fund. Sourced an $18M investment in Spredfast.
Evangelized Big Data as an area of interest. Shortly after I left, OpenView raised a $200M fund to invest in Big Data in the Cloud.
Private Equity Associate
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Venture Capital & Private Equity industry
August 2010 – December 2010 (5 months) New York, NY
Family Equity Partners is an investment firm focused on acquiring middle-market, family-owned companies and positioning them for accelerated growth.
Evaluated over 70 companies for investment in the technology, healthcare and energy services industries.
Management Consultant Associate
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; DTPI; Management Consulting industry
2007 – June 2010 (3 years) Chicago, IL
Management consultant with emphases on growth strategy and competing through analytics.
Clients included AIG, Allstate, Travelers, UnitedHealth Group and PepsiAmericas. Initiated Diamond's first engagement with Microsoft.
A senior Managing Partner referred to Aki as "probably our top analyst in the entire firm."
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Education Management industry
September 2009 – December 2009 (4 months) United Arab Emirates
Consultant to the Executive Director of Technical and Professional Education in Abu Dhabi Emirate.
Worked with Boston Consulting Group on vocational education strategy.
Performed an SWOT assessment of a $100M Foundation for its Board of Directors.
Founder & Chairman
The Europa Forum Conference Series
2005 – 2007 (2 years) Ann Arbor, MI
Founded an annual conference series to gain team leadership and execution experience.
Raised over $18,000 and managed a diverse team of 12 students (Undergraduate-PhD levels) to successfully deliver two conferences.
Product Marketing Manager Intern
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
2006 – 2006 (less than a year) Redmond, WA
Sized addressable markets in over 50 countries for the General Manager of the MS Learning group. The GM referred to project results as "the best market research I've seen in years."
Educational Institution; 10,001+ employees; Higher Education industry
2001 – 2004 (3 years) Ann Arbor, MI
Software developer at the UM Center for Biologic Nanotechnology. Designed software that built an in-house database of relevant research articles.
2000 – 2000 (less than a year)
Over the years, have started several companies and community organizations:
* Co-founded a niche E-commerce company with family members - www.giftonline.us
* Founded a European conference series (see 'Europa Forum' above)
* Consulted the Emirate of Abu Dhabi (see 'Abu Dhabi Education Council' above)
* Co-founded a Hungarian film club
* Co-founded a computer service company
* Co-founded a technology club for Michigan BBAs
* Started trading equities at 15
* At 9 years of age, sold jokes at 25 cents apiece.. if you've made it this far in reading my profile, ask me for a freebie!
Aki Balogh's Courses
- Leadership & Ethics (NAVSCI 402)
- Business Statistics (OMS 301)
- Strategic Management of Innovation & Technology (STRATEGY 391)
- Corporate Strategy (STRATEGY 390)
- Management Consulting (BIT 465)
- Object Features of C ++ (CPS 271)
- UNIX Tools and Scripts (CIS 221)
- System Analysis & Design (CIS 288)
- Relational Database Concepts & Applications (CIS 282)
- Data Structures in C++ (CPS 272)
Aki Balogh's Skills & Expertise
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Product Marketing
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Management Consulting
- Business Strategy
- Go-to-market Strategy
- Lead Generation
- Market Research
- Strategic Partnerships
- Marketing Strategy
Aki Balogh's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Hungarian(Native or bilingual proficiency)
View Aki Balogh’s full profile to...
- See who you and Aki Balogh know in common
- Get introduced to Aki Balogh
- Contact Aki Balogh directly