IT & Business Leader Driving Operational Excellence thru Digital Strategy ► Innovation ► Collaboration ► Executive MBA
- Greater Denver Area
- Information Services
|Recommendations||12 people have recommended Adnan|
Join LinkedIn and access Adnan's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Adnan directly
Information Technology and Business leader recognized as a thought leader behind innovative and transformational solutions to drive operational excellence and better collaboration and digital strategy in alignment with strategic business objectives. Adept at creating a performance culture through value leadership, process improvement, talent development, innovation and fostering relationships across functions. Intuitively analytical leader known for personal credibility, integrity, effective communication and negotiation skills, sound decision making, and prescriptive solutions.
► INNOVATION, TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION, & THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: created the Watson program that drives enterprise targeted communication, knowledge management, enhanced collaboration, & expertise location through the use of Enterprise Social Networking (ESN) to capture the collective intelligence of colleagues and create new value for colleagues and customers.
► OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE: pioneered business process automation for procurement, accounts payable, and other critical business processes using best-in-class process automation and workflow solutions. Formulated overall strategy across websites, collaboration, and mobility to drive operational excellence and support organic growth.
► COLLABORATION SOLUTIONS: managed a team of offshore & onshore consultants to implement a new intranet for a global colleague base w/ revamped information architecture driving better document management, information findability, solution scalability and availability.
• Collaboration Solutions
• Digital Strategy
• Social Computing & Enterprise Social Networking
• Information and Software Architecture
• Web Content Management Systems
• Technology Innovation and Adoption
• Web and Mobile Software Development
• Relationship Building
• People Management and Mentorship
• Vendor Management
Contact info: email@example.com
Leading a team of 25+ driving cutting edge enhancements across web, collaboration, and internal mobile applications. Current projects include implementing the new flagship ihs.com, upgrading to SharePoint 2013, and deploying Jive enterprise social network to enhance collaboration, enable expertise location, improve knowledge management, and deliver relevant targeted enterprise communication.
Act as the Director of Communication for this nonprofit organization. Led the digital strategy and execution of a unified brand image plan via web, e-mail, and social media. Chaired the Fundraising Committee, raising more than $250,000 in a 6-week long fundraising program through clear messaging, community segmentation, and go-to-market strategy.
Reporting directly to a Senior Vice President and IHS leadership team member, created the Watson program that drives enterprise target communication, knowledge management, enhanced collaboration, and expertise location through the use of Enterprise Social Networking (ESN). Led a team of 12+ developers, business analysts, and consultants to launch an enhanced internal collaboration solution to capture the collective intelligence of colleagues and create new value for colleagues and customers. Formulated overall strategy across websites, collaboration, and mobility to drive operational excellence and support organic growth. One of few leaders that achieved 100% colleague engagement for their teams.
● Implemented a new intranet (SharePoint) for a global colleague base with revamped information architecture, improved content findability, and content audit, reducing storage from 1.5TB to 800GB.
● Saved IHS more than $4 million by leading the negotiation of an enterprise software procurement.
● Led a team of developers and brand management consultants to launch a cloud-based interactive sales kit mobile application to empower the sales force with the latest collateral and marketing messaging.
● Streamlined project in-take process across the portfolio, increasing internal customer delight and delivering high value business process automation solutions.
● Directed a research team to evaluate private cloud offerings to improve availability, scalability, and load times across the globe through geographic redundancy and proactive planning.
● Managed a team that implemented procurement, accounts payable, and other critical business processes using best-in-class process automation and workflow solutions.
Launched an ambitious digital and social media program to drive brand recognition and showcase the breadth and depth of IHS thought leadership. Led a team of 20+ developers, architects, and consultants to implement a best-in-class Web Content Management system (SDL Tridion) and enterprise search engine platform (FAST), consolidating 50+ marketing websites and 100K+ pages onto one website with focus on SEO, lead generation, and audience growth strategy.
● Authored a white paper, "Social Computing: Building Contexts for Interactions", which garnered support to form a social media committee comprising c-level executives, key marketing leaders, and stakeholders representing IT, Corporate Communication, HR, Legal, and Product Management. Committee was responsible for devising and executing a digital strategy.
● Pioneered an effort to acquire digital brands on Twitter and YouTube and piloted use of Twitter at IHS conferences to increase attendees’ engagement. Authored, in collaboration with marketing, a social media policy.
● Implemented a best-in-class lead generation solution, generating $5+ million in sales from qualified leads with a 3% conversion rate.
● Created a Mobile Center of Excellence to focus mobile strategy, messaging and branding, extending existing products, introducing new product ideas that leverage inherit mobile device capabilities, and keeping with or moving ahead of the competition.
Led a team of developers and consultants to launch the first ihs.com post going public. Collaborated with marketing and eBusiness teams to position the new brand through consolidated information architecture, better value proposition, and a streamlined business process workflows for content management and quality control, resulting in faster delivery of relevant marketing content and improved, stable systems, and operational cost savings.
Pioneered the adoption of the Microsoft .NET framework across J&J and launched the first .NET based customer-facing applications, driving millions of dollars in sales of medical equipment. Engineered specialized search algorithms to enhance customer experience, saving J&J hundreds of thousands of dollars for the cost of a commercial search engine.
● Translate documents and Websites from English to Arabic and vice versa.
● Tutor intermediate Arabic.
● Taught intermediate and advanced Arabic courses as a second-language.
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Marketing and Go To Market
- Power and Influence
- Human Capital Management
- Financial Decision Analysis
- Supply Chain
- Business Law
- Strategic Finance
- Global Business
EnglishNative or bilingual proficiency
ArabicNative or bilingual proficiency
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Business Analysis
- Cloud Computing
- SDL Tridion
- Thought Leadership
- Business Development
- IT Strategy
- Web Design
- Vendor Management
- Social Computing
- Web Content Management
- Mobile Strategy
- Business Process...
- Enterprise Social...
- Collaboration Solutions
- Human Capital Management
- Business Process...
- RFP Design
- Digital Strategy
- Contract Negotiation
- Lead Generation
- Agile Methodolgy
- Social Media Strategy
- Building Relationships
- Cross-functional Team...
- Social Media Marketing
- Agile Methodologies
- Personnel Management
- See 27+ See less
● International business experience in Shenzhen, China, and Hong Kong SAR
● Business Idea Elevator Pitch Winner (2013)
● Named DU Scholar 2012-2014
● Elected Class Leader 2013-2014
● Graduated March 2014 with 3.93 GPA
• Strategic Marketing and Go To Market
• Strategic Management
• Global Business
• Power and Influence
• Strategic Management of Costs
• Financial Decision Analysis
• Human Capital Management
• Supply Chain Management
Honors & Awards
● Member of the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society (2014, top 10% of graduating class of Exec MBA program, 3.92 GPA)
● Named DU Scholar by the Daniels Business School, University of Denver, 2012-2014
● Elected class leader for the Executive MBA cohort (2013-2014)
● Presenter, Why Web Content Management Systems Matter¸ Global Community for Information Professionals (AIIM)
● Author, "Building Contexts for Interactions", White Paper
● Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
● Recipient of two Circle of Excellence Awards (IHS)
● Awarded by Biomedical Marketing Association (BMA) for Ortho-Clinical’s Website (J&J)
● Recipient of Al Fred and Ruby Davis Scholarship (RIT)
● RIT’s Merit Scholarship (30% tuition - 4 quarters)
● Graduated with Honor from IUP (Dean's List - 8 semesters)
● Partial Tuition Waiver recipient for 7 semesters (IUP)
● Recipient of Pearl June Gaalaas & Albert R. Pechan Scholarships (IUP)
● Honorable Mention @ the 2001 ACM Programming Contest
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
President at 303Computing
Senior Director, IT - Global IT Delivery at IHS
Director, IT - Systems Operations at IHS
Senior Director, Product Development & Delivery at IHS
Director of Information Technology
Sr. Director, IT at IHS, Inc.
Senior Director, Transactions & e-Commerce at IHS
SVP, Vanguard & Internal Business Applications