WILSON PARDI JUNIOR
Embedded System Software Engineer / Electron-Beam Lithography Engineer at Nuflare Technology, Inc.
WILSON PARDI JUNIOR's Overview
WILSON PARDI JUNIOR's Summary
I always tried to improve my career not only through personal achievements at my former and current jobs, but also through some research in software related to embedded, real-time and distributed systems in the industrial automation field.
When possible, I also try to improve my technical and basic management skills working as a consultant or freelancer in small projects related to software development & testing as well as electrical and electronics engineering.
My DREAM JOB: work in a company's R&D division and at the same time get a PhD degree (preferably related to my professional work). I strong believe that this would be a win-win situation (for me and my employer)!
I have a M.Sc. degree in Electronics Instrumentation (after graduating in Electrical and Electronics Engineering), reasonable working experience in a lot of different places as well as some flexibility in working and getting along with people from completely different cultures.
Being born in Brazil, with family roots in Italy & Germany, and married to a Japanese woman (and living in Japan for fifteen years), I feel very comfortable when working and socializing with people from different backgrounds.
Besides Portuguese, I can understand English and Spanish easily and also intermediate Japanese language. My preferred field of work is around electronics engineering (instrumentation & measurement, semiconductors, industrial automation, robotics, etc) and software development (design, programming, and testing).
I am always available to discuss new opportunities related to consulting, freelance work or research (inside Japan OR abroad) and a permanent full-position (PREFERABLY abroad). Feel free to contact me if needed.
IMPORTANT: If you just want to get connected with me here at LinkedIn send me a PERSONALIZED message (not the automatic one ;-) please. Otherwise, your invitation will be probably ignored...
• Software design & testing
• Electron-beam mask writers
WILSON PARDI JUNIOR's Experience
Embedded System Software Engineer / Electron-Beam Lithography Engineer
Public Company; 201-500 employees; Semiconductors industry
February 2002 – Present (12 years 8 months) Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
My main job is related to the design and testing of software applications at embedded hardware systems used in our main product, electro-beam mask writers.
• Evaluated Mercury Computer Systems hardware and software.
• Simulated BDE data processing.
• Co-wrote general requirements specifications for data handling system.
• Co-designed new parallel control data format.
• Co-wrote specifications for particular design features related to parallel data processing architecture.
• Defined specifications after evaluation of possible architecture scenarios.
• Conducted system integration testing.
• Designed test programs related to data processing of mask writings (shot, area, and proximity components).
• Conducted management of a testing machine environment with all Mercury Computer Systems hardware (motherboards and daughterboards) and software (real-time operating system, compiler and drivers).
• Designed and implemented basic shot data algorithms using C/C++.
• Tested several mask parameters (fixed and arbitrary subfield modes, stage direction, etc) through virtual mask writings.
• Conducted analysis of results of virtual mask writings with the purpose of testing software source code versions related to SDG (Shot Data Generator).
• Developed an offline shot data estimation tool to be used at UNIX platforms.
• Created basic mask layouts to test the SDG source code through virtual mask writings.
• Tested several SDG software versions.
• Developed a basic automated testing script to improve hardware testing functionality.
• Designed a software suite (using C language and shell scripting) to improve analysis of results of virtual mask writings.
• Designed a SDG hardware test tool (basic hardware test and single-task dispatcher modules) to improve the diagnostics of system hardware failures in electro-beam mask writers.
• Performed correlation of errors and their possible causes that occurred at our electro-beam mask writers.
Manager of the Semiconductor Professional's Group (LinkedIn)
September 2009 – Present (5 years 1 month)
As a VOLUNTEER (this is not a job position) I manage the Semiconductor Professional's Group (currently with more than 77,000 members) at LinkedIn where, among other things:
• check profiles of all professionals that request to join our group (approving them or not),
• send personal messages to some new members regarding rules related to message posting,
• move some messages to its appropriate tab ("Discussions", "Jobs" and/or "Promotions"),
• delete inappropriate messages and,
• exclude members if they don't follow our group rules ;-)
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
September 2011 – Present (3 years 1 month) Southborough, USA
When possible, as a freelancer, I do some software testing related to functional, usability and load & performance testing for web, mobile and desktop software applications.
I have participated in the following test cycles so far:
• 01 usability study and,
• 01 functional testing.
WILSON PARDI JUNIOR's Organizations
IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- January 1995 to Present
Member of the following societies:
- Instrumentation & Measurement Society,
- Computer Society,
- Robotics & Automation Society.
ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- January 2004 to Present
SPIE (Society of Photonics Instrumentation Engineers)
- January 2011 to Present
WILSON PARDI JUNIOR's Skills & Expertise
- ANSI C
- Borland C++
- Software Development
- Hardware design
- Project Management
- Shell Scripting
- Operating Systems
- Embedded Software
- Electron-Beam Mask Writers
- Embedded Systems
- Software Design
WILSON PARDI JUNIOR's Languages
Portuguese (Brazil)(Native or bilingual proficiency)
English(Full professional proficiency)
Japanese(Limited working proficiency)
Spanish(Limited working proficiency)
Contact WILSON for:
View WILSON PARDI JUNIOR’s full profile to...
- See who you and WILSON PARDI JUNIOR know in common
- Get introduced to WILSON PARDI JUNIOR
- Contact WILSON PARDI JUNIOR directly