Stephen M Starensier
Real Estate Finance Development Construction
- Greater New York City Area
- Real Estate
Stephen M Starensier's Overview
- Founder at SMS Real Estate
- Founder | Real Estate Finance Development Construction (RE FDC) at Leaders in Real Estate Finance Development Construction | Greater New York City Area
- DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT at HOPE COMMUNITY INC
- OPERATIONS MANAGER at GRYPHON DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, INC
- PRINCIPAL at SMS CONSULTING
- SENIOR UNDERWRITER at NEW YORK EQUITY FUND
- United States Green Building Conference
- New York University
- Columbia University
Stephen M Starensier's Summary
Real Estate Finance Development Construction -
Connect with me at: STARENSIER@VERIZON.NET or (646) 996-5792.
LION - LinkedIn Open Networker.
FEASIBILITY: Initial due diligence, project evaluation and inspection, financial feasibility analysis and site selection.
PLANNING: Refinance Structures, Revenue Projections, Operating Budgets, Net Operating Income, Workouts & Mitigation, Capital Needs Assessment, Market Assessment.
DEVELOPMENT: Project feasibility, risk analysis and mitigation, market analysis, team development and management, project planning and implementation.
FINANCE: Expert in financial analysis for ROI/NPV/IRR determination, partnerships, debt/equity structures, budgets and portfolio metrics. Analyzed or financed over 300 projects.
SUBSIDY FINANCE: Expert in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB), HOME, Tax Abatement programs and Year 15 Expiring Tax Credit refinance.
UNDERWRITING: Subsided and mixed-income residential multifamily projects, specialized development, market rate retail and commercial.
CONTRACTS & TRANSACTIONS: Review, editing and negotiating complex documents including Mortgage, Subsidy, Regulatory Agreements, AIA Docs, Specifications and GC Contracts.
ASSET MANAGEMENT: Portfolio analysis, capital needs assessment and initiation, maintenance & operating expense analysis and budgeting, compliance issues and mitigation.
DUE DILIGENCE: Environmental review and mitigation, document management, budget maintenance, consultant coordination and pragmatic contract administration.
CONSTRUCTION ADMIN: GC Contracts, specifications, capital needs assessments, in-field administration, scheduling, requisitions and many governmental approval processes.
To Brainstorm and Collaborate, feel free to call me at 646-996-5792.
Stephen M Starensier's Experience
SMS Real Estate
March 2012 – Present (2 years 7 months) New York, NY
* Real estate feasibility, planning and development.
* Structured finance, financial analysis, pro forma development.
* Portfolio asset management, financial repositioning, budget analysis.
* Construction contracts, cost estimating, field administration.
* Construction documents, drawings, specifications review.
* Owners representative and disaster emergency responder.
* Real estate technology development.
* Distressed property and luxury condo construction management.
Founder | Real Estate Finance Development Construction (RE FDC)
Government Agency; 201-500 employees; Real Estate industry
2012 – Present (2 years)
SUCCESSFUL INTEGRATION OF Finance+Development+Construction CREATES SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS
• Real Estate Industry Trends
• Affordable Housing Trends
• Finance, Technology and New Methodologies
• Underwriting Techniques and Pro Forma Maintenance
• Construction Best Practices and Quality Avocation
DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
January 2005 – February 2012 (7 years 2 months) New York, NY
* Member of senior management team administrating a non-profit real estate organization.
* Leadership in all development, acquisition, finance, underwriting, due diligence and construction.
* Developed, restructured or recapitalized 32 buildings in 11 partnerships totaling $32,000,000.
* Financially structured and competitively acquired over $23,000,000 in City/State discretionary funding.
* Managed financial and construction workouts for a group of 13 multifamily rehabilitated buildings.
* Developed pro forma and supporting due diligence criteria for $502,000,000 in real estate proposals.
* Asset assessed/developed metrics for the 74 residential bldg and 40 commercial storefront portfolio.
* Designed and initiated an annual building-by-building capital needs assessment program.
* Fueled growth from $0 in 2005 to cumulative $74,6000,000 in development and finance by 2012.
GRYPHON DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, INC
May 1999 – December 2004 (5 years 8 months) Summit, NJ
* Leadership in planning and building of high-end projects for a design/build construction company.
* Second in command to the President.
* Developed, reviewed and edited all construction, subcontractor and labor contracts.
* Conducted cost estimating, tracked all projects, materials, labor, lead times.
* Designed, installed and managed computer and technology systems.
* All projects developed No-Expense-Spared for exclusive private clientele.
April 1993 – April 1999 (6 years 1 month) New York, Indianapolis, Charlotte
* Consultant providing commercial and multifamily financial feasibility, analysis, asset assessment.
* Established improved financial analysis, development risk analysis and mitigation, disposition paths.
* Implemented project planning, capital budgets and debt & equity criteria for 13 client projects.
* Created financial models for over $140,000,000 in investment grade real estate transactions.
* Standardized construction contract, bid, riders, specification documents for many clients.
* Financial analysis services to Mansur Development, AmeriFirst Mortgage, Progressive Development.
NEW YORK EQUITY FUND
September 1990 – March 1993 (2 years 7 months) New York
* Lead financial analyst and development officer for a LIHTC syndication developing NYC multifamily.
* Conducted comprehensive financial analysis and debt/equity/disposition structuring for 2,300 units.
* Assessed development & construction risk, recommended mitigation, corrective factors for 58 projects.
* Approved LIHTC equity investment of $114,000,000 in acq and development totaling $249,000,000.
Stephen M Starensier's Organizations
United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Construction Specification Institute (CSI)
Building Officials and Code Administrators International (ICC)
LEED GA - pending
Stephen M Starensier's Skills & Expertise
- Real Estate
- Affordable Housing
- Real Estate Economics
- Real Estate Development
- Tax Credits
- Community Development
- Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Transactions
- Asset Managment
- Construction Management
- Real Estate Contracts
- Document Review
- Real Estate Due Diligence
- Economic Development
- Urban Planning
- Feasibility Studies
- Asset Management
- Location Intelligence
- Property Management
- Residential Homes
- Financial Modeling
- Corporate Real Estate
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Properties
- Due Diligence
Stephen M Starensier's Education
United States Green Building Conference
LEED GA Training
Continuing Education in Finance, Real Estate Law, Bldg Codes, Green Development
Master of Science in Real Estate Development, Real Estate Finance
Master of Science in Historic Preservation
Master of Architecture
Bachelor of Arts, Art History, Fine Arts, Architecture
Stephen M Starensier's Additional Information
View Stephen M Starensier’s full profile to...
- See who you and Stephen M Starensier know in common
- Get introduced to Stephen M Starensier
- Contact Stephen M Starensier directly