Thought I'd share my experience of building a new website - what is yours?
Have you ever built a new site for your business? Are you planning to build the site, or commission building of the new site? I felt sharing my experience - mistakes and all - could be useful for you.
Here are some key learnings for me from this experience:
- Don't underestimate the task. Get help if you can't afford the time away from the business.
- Do a workshop with the designers before setting your budgets!
Get your team to help you focus on what is important to your business. - At the end of the day the way your business is presented affects all of the people working in it.
- Make sure to pick a user-friendly content management system (let your web designers guide you if you don't have the in-house expertise)
- Talk to your customers about who they think you are - this is a most valuable experience!
- Get help with content from people who know how to create it
- Don't forget about SEO
You can read more from my blog.
If you have recent experience, please comment and let's talk about website design, search engine optimisation and all things on-line marketing - I'd be keen to learn others sharing some "war stories"
Telecommunications: Voice by IP voice-by-ip.blogspot.co.nz
About six months ago I embarked on a new project. We, at Vadacom, decided to redesign our website. Have you ever built a new site for your business? Are you planning to build the site, or commission building of the new site? I...