Flevoland Hackathon on Saturday 2 June (on distance). Win the following exclusive prizes: a NEST (http://www.nest.com, the learning thermostat) or a TWINE sensor (http://supermechanical.com/twine/).
Flevoland is looking for new and refreshing, but also functional apps. Our open data platform is brand-new, full of datasets.
Join us for the Hackathon on Saturday 2 June and win great prizes. Win the following exclusive prizes: a NEST (http://www.nest.com, the learning thermostat) or a TWINE sensor (http://supermechanical.com/twine/). These prizes are only available in the United States, but you can win them at Flevolandopentdata.
We have two categories:
1) the ‘put Flevoland on the map’ App. An app that puts Flevoland – or part of Flevoland – on the map and encourages people to visit our wonderful province. In short, come and develop a cool app idea, prototype or even a working version that puts Flevoland on the map!
2) the ‘most inventive’ app. Can you think of a very inventive way of combining datasets into a new function? Or have you thought up an innovative interface? Then show us a prototype in outline or even a working version. We will select the ‘most inventive’ app and you could be the winner of the unique TWINE sensor (to be delivered in September)
What's more, we are giving away three other incentive prizes of 100 euros each for young developers who manage to develop a crazy, weird, inventive app. So either send us your submission, programme on 2 June, or present your outline.
The jury will assess the apps on the basis of the following rules:
- Participants should use at least one data source that has a direct relationship with Flevoland or a Flevoland data source provider
- Participants submit the app using a correctly completed form that includes contact details and a URL for accessing the app
- The competition is open to all applications (web, phone, pad, Facebook, etc.)
- The final submission date for apps is 2 June, before 14:00 hours
- The jury will determine which category the app should appear in
- Participants can be individuals or teams – prizes will be presented to the team leader
- Only one prize can be won per application
- Participants can submit as many applications as they wish – each app that complies with the rules stands a chance of winning.
- The app must include at least an outline of the functionality – preferably even a working prototype
- All rights to the idea and the development of the app are retained by the submitter
The Hackathon will be held June 2nd from 10.00hr until 17.00hr at Windesheim University in the city of Almere (Holland).
For enquiries please contact Ruben Nieuwenhuis at email@example.com
Participants at distance can attend the Hackathon via Skype.