Horsham West and Haven Primary School is the largest primary school in Western Victoria. The total student population is approximately 640 students, with 570 students at the Horsham West campus and 70 students at the Haven campus.
At Horsham West and Haven Primary School we have a number of programs that benefit our students learning:
1. ICT Integration Program
We have an extensive ICT Program that is integrated into our regular curriculum. The program includes technology such as:
- Years 4-6 are part of a one-to-one netbook program. The students pay a number of small payments and they get to use the netbook at school and at home. The students also have the option to buy the netbook out at the end of Year 6 for a minimal fee.
- All of the classrooms are equipped with a SMART Board to help engage students in the task at hand.
- A ICT Lab equipped with 30 new Windows desktop computers with some of the newest software available. P-6 students have access to this lab approximately once a week.
- P-3 students also have access to two banks of 15 laptops to work into the curriculum.
- In 2012, Years 4-6 are involved in an Animation Project with world renowned digital artist, Dave Jones. He is working with students using a range of different animation programs to create animations linked to the theme content that the year level is studying at the time.
ICT Integration, Intervention Programs, Specialist Programs, Student collaboration and engagement
Hillary Street Horsham, Victoria 3400 Australia